Off to the recipe now…
Usually I used to press the arbi between my palms before cooking so that they resembled like a vada but this time I simply cut them into roundels which made them easy to cook and also to serve. I was able to control the portion. So from now on it is going to be this way…
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 3 – 4
- Cheppakizhangu / Arbi / Taro Root – 300 gms
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pottu kadalai – 2 tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to fry
- In the end before serving along with chilli powder you can also use 2 pinch of chaat masala powder to enhance the taste.
- The oil should be hot and brought down to medium flame while cooking.
- Instead of roasted gram dal and corn flour you can also a mix of rice flour and besan (Chick pea flour).
- Adjust the chilli powder according to your spice level.