Diwali is just around the corner and the shopping places are abuzz with abundant activity. Sweets and savories add more cheer to the festivities without any doubt. And with this Rava Ladoo recipe, I kick start the celebrations at my home as well. These ladoos are not only easy to make but great to store and a very good beginner’s recipe that even a person with no experience in cooking can try it out with confidence.
I do not add raisins while making ladoos but you can if you like it. As we are roasting the coconut you can safely store at room temperature for 2-3 days and stays well for 10 days when refrigerated.
- Make sure that you roast the rava over low flame. It should not change color.
- You can reduce the sugar by ¼ cup if you want it to be less sweet.
- Do not dump the milk in one go, as you may not need all the milk to make the balls.
- Skip the coconut if you do not like but it gives a good grip, helps in forming the balls easily, and also makes the ball firm.
- If you are not sure the ladoos will stay in shape, after arranging them on the plate keep it in the fridge for 1/2 hour and they will not break.