Eggless M&M Cookies
It had been my long time wish to bake these colorful cookies that I chance upon in the internet frequently. Finally made it last week and they turned out absolutely great, just the way I wished a perfect cookie to be. Slightly crisp around the edges and chewy in the middle and around. I did not even get a chance to store them. All were gone within minutes of taking them from the oven. When I surfed the net for the recipe all of them had eggs in them and though I do not have any objection to using eggs, my thought was, why add an extra ingredient when you can still get the result without having to add it. So I just followed my eggless chocolate chip cookie and found it to work well.
You can check out the eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe if you wish for a step by step pictorial. I was not well so skipped the step wise clicks. But I wonder you would really need any as these cookies are so easy to prepare.
Eggless M&M Cookies
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Bake Time: 20 Mins
- All purpose flour – 240 gms
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Butter – 100 gms
- White granule Sugar – 50 gms
- Brown sugar – 50 gms
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- M&M’s, divided – 150 gms
1. Pre heat oven @ 180 Degrees Celsius.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt and keep aside.
3. Using a hand held mixer beat butter and both the sugars in a mixing bowl till creamy and light. Add vanilla essence and beat once more until incorporated. You can also do this by hand.
4. Switch to a spatula and scrape down the sides. Add the flour mixture, 100 gms M&M’s and mix well.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the dough is firm to the touch.
6. Make small balls and arrange on a cookie tray leaving 2 inch gap between each of them. They do spread around.
7. Flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass and push some remaining M&M’s on top of the flattened cookies.
8. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Once done take out and let it cool for 5 minutes in the tray on a wire rack.
10. Transfer to a plate and let it cool completely to room temperature. Store in airtight box and enjoy!!!
- Make sure that the butter is at room temperature.
- You can skip the white sugar and use brown sugar instead or vice versa.
- If you do not have M&M’s or Smarties as they known, use any other colored candy.
- Oven timings will vary accordingly.
This is off to Show Me Your Hits