November 24, 2012
November 10, 2012
November 8, 2012
November 6, 2012
- The flour should get roasted well but make sure it done over low flame and take care not to burn it and change color.
- If in case while you are in Step – 7 you miss the time, the entire content will become crumbly once again. No need to fear, just keep it on the stove and cook over low flame for 2-3 mins, once again, the flour will loosen, and you can pour it into the plate.
- Traditionally no nuts are used in this recipe but if you want, you can use coarsely powdered cashew and almonds.
- You can skip ghee and do the entire burfi with vegetable shortening / vanaspati. You will not see any difference in taste or flavor.
- You can use any food color according to your wish.
- Reduce the flour by 1/4 cup and replace it with cocoa powder to get a chocolate maida burfi. However, do not add the cocoa powder while roasting flour but add it on step-4.
November 4, 2012
- Make sure that you roast the rava over low flame. It should not change color.
- You can reduce the sugar by ¼ cup if you want it to be less sweet.
- Do not dump the milk in one go, as you may not need all the milk to make the balls.
- Skip the coconut if you do not like but it gives a good grip, helps in forming the balls easily, and also makes the ball firm.
- If you are not sure the ladoos will stay in shape, after arranging them on the plate keep it in the fridge for 1/2 hour and they will not break.
November 2, 2012
November 1, 2012
1. Your bake can either be sweet or savory. Please do not link entries with meat and alcohol.
2. Make sure that your post is linked to this announcement.
3. The linkies will be open till 3oth of this month.
Hello friends, I’m sure all of you would’ve had a great time celebrating Navarathri / Dussera. And as you all know the celebrations does not end with those lovely 9 days but it is just the beginning as the celebration and the cheer has already started for the upcoming Diwali festival. Every year it only keeps getting better as now the festival has been globally acknowledged. So Let’s party hmmmm.....
So for this month there are no themes as I did not want to restrict the party to anything in particular. It will be a potluck and you are all free to bring whatever you want as long as it is vegetarian dish.
Now to some rules to participate in this event:
It’s a Potluck and you are free to bring whatever you want as long as it is vegetarian dish.
Linking back to this announcement is a must and multiple entries are always welcome.
We are looking for fresh entries and to try out new recipes. So, no archived or reposed entries please. Your post has to be between November 1 and November 30, 2012.
Usage of logo is optional but I would be happy if you could use it, as it helps spread word.
After posting your recipe just submit your entry to the linkies you will find at the bottom of this post.
In case you have any problem linking, just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, recipe name and recipe url with the subject line as Let's Cook: Potluck.
Non bloggers are most welcome to participate. Just send me the recipe with a click of the recipe if possible to the above mentioned email.