No Bake No Cook Valentine Sweethearts
Its been a week since Hubby presented me with a DSLR camera for valentine's day and it would be an understatement if I say that I had been obsessed with the new toy. I'm still getting used to it and had been practicing like crazy but unfortunately my laptop died on me. This is what I say is perfect timing. It is going to take another 2 or 3 days for me to get my laptop back and I had no plans of blogging until Hubby stepped in and lent me his laptop despite being very busy and you know why because he loved this sweethearts that I made for him. Don't they say the way to man's heart is thru his tummy and at least it proved to be correct in my case.
A few years back both of us got an opportunity to attend a launch party of a travel agency who specialize in overseas travel packages and though I do not like to attend parties or weddings I had no other option but to go as the person happened to be our very good friend. But despite my fear about a flashy, over crowded party it turned out to be well organized and I actually loved the ambiance of the whole thing. They served some lovely hors d'oeuvres and I got the idea for this recipe when I wanted to go for an easy recipe for the Valentine Day. Actually this is not even a recipe but just to give you all an idea if you do not want to go in for or have the time for elaborate preparations.This will also be a fun project for kids to take to school.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: Nil | Makes:4
- Vanilla Sponge Cake - 1 recipe
- Strawberry Jam - 2 tbsp
- Nutella - 2 tbsp
- Powdered/Icing Sugar - for dusting
- Pitted halved Cherries - for topping
Instructions:1. Slice the vanilla cake into 1 or 2 inch thick pieces.
2. With a heart shaped cookie cutter cut out the cake.
3. Sandwich strawberry jam and nutella between 2 heart shaped cake piece and arrange on a plate.
4. Dust the top with icing sugar.
5. Place a halved cherry on top and insert with a toothpick and serve.
1. Instead of vanilla cake you can use a chocolate sponge cake and sandwich either butter cream frosting or whipped cream.
2. You can use an Orange Cake and sandwich orange marmalade in between.