These delicious, healthy muffins are loaded with the goodness of both apples and bananas and has no eggs or butter in them. You can enjoy them either for breakfast or as a quick snack on the go and enjoy the goodness of fruits at the same time. The muffins were a result of the over ripe bananas that were breathing their last and a lone apple which no one wanted to eat. So I ended up making these muffins to send it for my kids snack time at school.
You need not have to take out your stand mixer for rustling up these muffins and no muscle power is also needed as the batter just comes together beautifully. Apart from the fruits you can also add chopped nuts, tutti frutti or chocolate chips to jazz up these muffins which I’m sure will make your kids very happy.
Instead of muffins, you can also bake the batter in a bread tin as a quick bread and slice them easily to serve for breakfast. Just drizzle them with chocolate or smear some nutella and you are good to go with a healthy breakfast treat for your kids. I just made 9 muffins with the liners and used the rest of the batter to make 1 big muffin by using a pudding mould. Either way, you simply cannot go wrong with this recipe is all I can say and promise.
- I used 2 large “Robusta” variety of banana and 2 medium size fuji apples.
- If you want to use an egg, then reduce the vegetable oil by 1/4 cup and replace with an egg.
- Instead of using blender, you can also do this by hand using a whisk, but I used a blender to get even, smooth batter.
- While the kids were okay with the sweetness of the muffins, I felt that it was a tad bit too sweet, so I shall use only 3/4 cup sugar from next time on.
- These muffins work well with very ripe bananas.
- Oven timings will vary accordingly.