Avocado Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles – Vegan , Gluten free and a healthy dessert that the kids will go crazy over. Avocados are also called as butter fruit and this is the first time I’m buying one.
There have been so many articles over how to pick the right Avocado and how to find out whether it ripe or not. So with so much hulla bulla about the do’s and dont’s, can I be blamed for staying off it for so long? When I tasted the first piece I was reminded of coconut. Have you ever tasted the coconut while its just forming inside the small flower. The coconut then appears no bigger than a black pepper in size but the color being off white.
This popsicle is a concoction of the kid at home which he tried with whatever I had in the pantry and oh boy I just loved it. It was so creamy and smelled of coconut and tasted tropical on a stick. I had some left over coconut milk that I had after using it for appam, so I used it instead of regular milk.
My only regret was I did not use sugar. I thought the chocolate in the peanut butter and the sweetness of the coconut milk would be enough but it obviously was not. So in the recipe I have added the sugar which can be adjusted to your taste.
If you do not happen to have chocolate peanut butter, use regular store bought creamy peanut butter and feel free to use regular milk instead of coconut milk. You may also like to use this healthy fruit in making vegan banana bread, vegan chocolate mousse, guacamole and avocado chocolate grilled sandwich.
Avocado Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles Recipe below:
- Avocado (Butter Fruit), small – 1
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter– 5 tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
- Sugar –3 tsp (optional)
- Cut the avocado into two and remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh of the fruit and place it in a blender.
- Add chocolate peanut butter, coconut milk, sugar (if using) and blend well.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- When set demould the popsicles by placing them in water for 1-2 minute, remove the popsicle and serve immediately.