Custard Powder Halwa Recipe
An easy and quick dessert made with Custard powder.
Recipe type: Dessert / Sweet
Serves: 16 squares
- Custard powder – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Ghee – 5 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Chop the cashew nuts finely and keep aside. No need to roast them. Keep a plate ready by greasing it with ghee.
- In a thick bottomed pan, mix together custard powder (I used Vanilla flavor), water, sugar and mix well without any lumps.
- Keep the pan on the stove and begin by cooking over high flame.
- The mixture will begin to boil and start to thicken. Keep stirring.
- Add ghee, cashew nuts, mix well and reduce the flame. By now the mixture will look like a thick jelly and look glassy.
- Keep stirring continuously for 8-10 mins till the mixture begins to form into a lump and begins pulling away from the sides.
- Transfer the halwa to the greased plate and level the top. You can also sprinkle nuts on top. Make indents while the halwa is still warm
- Once its cool, slice them and serve.
- You can store this halwa at room temperature for 2 to 3 days and it keeps well for 7 days when refrigerated.