Eggless Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe with step by step photos. Fudgy, moist and chocolaty zucchini bread made with whole wheat flour and loaded with choco chips that you can enjoy for breakfast or snack. You can’t find the hidden veggie at all.
If you are wondering what to do with Zucchini and looking for a quick easy zucchini bread recipe, this is it. This quick bread is what I made after trying out Zucchini dal. My kids did not believe me at all when I said it had zucchini in it.
I had bookmarked this double chocolate zucchini bread from King Arthur Flour site and made a note to bake them if at all I could get my hands on Zucchini. But the recipe in the site was not eggless one and was made with all purpose flour.
In my over enthusiasm to bake the bread after I got the zucchinis, I totally forgot to take stock of the ingredients that I had on hand, which was really remiss of me and a first. So a recipe that was planned to be followed to the “T” initially, had to undergo some changes as I did not have sufficient plain flour and no eggs at all available.
So, I have adapted the same recipe by replacing a major share of the flour with whole wheat flour and baked them eggless. Despite the cracks on top of the bread and being dense, it was super moist and spongy.
Since I do not like coffee at all, I hated the flavor in it but the rest of the ardent coffee lovers at home, needless to say, simply loved it very much.
Points to remember:
- Be quick after adding grated zucchini to the dough and bake it immediately. Zucchini will start to leave out water, making the dough watery there by increasing the baking time.
- If you do not mind adding eggs, then replace the yogurt with 2 eggs.
- Be gentle while mixing. Over doing it will make the bread very hard.
Eggless Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe with step by step photos:
1. Grate the zucchini. I used my food chopper. Do not bother to remove the skin before grating.
2. Measure all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Instant coffee powder into a mixing bowl.
3. Whisk well till the ingredients are combined and transfer to a plate.
4. In the same bowl add curd, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar.
5. Whisk till smooth and the sugar has dissolved partially.
6. Add the dry mixture to the mixing bowl and mix with a spatula.
7. Mix gently till you do not see any dry ingredients left out.
8. Stir in grated zucchini and chocolate chips and mix gently till well distributed.
9. Grease a loaf tin with butter or oil. I lined the tray with butter paper. I also baked 2 muffins to see how it turned out. Preheat the oven @ 180 C.
10. Scrape the prepared batter into the greased loaf tin and bake for 60-65 mins or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Take out of the oven and let it rest for 10 mins then unmould on a rack to cool completely.
12. Eggless double chocolate zucchini bread is ready. Slice them and enjoy as a breakfast or snack.
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup or 130 gms
- All Purpose flour - 2/3 cup or 85 gms
- Zucchini, grated - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 /2 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Cocoa powder - 1/3 cup
- Instant coffee powder - 1/2 tsp
- Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Curd or Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil -1/2 cup
- Dark chocolate chips - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 C or 350 F
- Grease a loaf tin with oil or butter and keep it ready.
- In a wide mixing bowl, mix together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Instant coffee powder with a whisk. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same bowl add curd, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Whisk till smooth and the sugar has partially dissolved.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix with a spatula.
- Stir in grated zucchini and chocolate chips and mix gently till well distributed.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tray.
- Bake for 60-65 mins or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Unmould to a rack and let it cool completely.
- Eggless Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread is ready.
- Slice and serve with coffee or tea.
- Enjoy as a breakfast or snack or even for dessert.