Easy pulao recipes such as this Mushroom and Peas Pulao will make a fantastic lunch box recipe both for kids and office goers alike. Pack this pulao for your kids lunch box, I assure you that the lunch box will come back empty and they will be asking you to make it often as well.
Also this Mushroom and Peas Pilaf will make a wonderful main dish for any party. If you happen to be hosting one and looking for an easy to make one pot meal, to have your guests enthralled, this is the one for you. Before you begin do check out how to clean mushrooms easily.
I have read about canola oil being used as the most consumed vegetable oil in many households across the U.S and Canada when I go through many recipes of their origin. Canola oil promises lowest saturated (bad) fat, higher MUFA to reduce heart diseases, High Omega-3 and Omega 6 content, Zero trans fats and with highest smoking point this oil allows multiple re-use as well.
- 1. I have made the rice in a pressure cooker, but you can also make this in a deep sauce pan. If so, close the pan with a lid and cook over medium low flame for 20 minutes or till the water is fully absorbed, checking in between.
- You can also use Basmati rice in place of plain rice. If using dry peas, soak them for at least 3-4 hours before using.
- Pepper powder enhances the taste of Mushrooms. If you do not have replace it with chili powder itself. Make sure adjust the spice level according to your taste buds.
- You can also use mint leaves along with coriander leaves. But I personally feel that coriander works best for this pulao.
- Adding lemon juice balances the flavor of the pulao and enhances the taste even more and also it helps in reducing the Acid Reflux some may feel, especially after eating spicy food.