We all have wrapped up the festive season that began from August and more is there to look forward to with Christmas and New year just a couple of months away. Both the names symbolize the change in season with the onset of monsoon or winter in the form of rains and snow falls. In goes the summer clothes and out of the closet comes the raincoats, umbrellas, boots, gloves and mittens to keep ourselves dry, warm and cozy. Now it is time to look forward to the rains and snow falls to rejuvenate and prepare our land for nature’s bounty in the upcoming months.
The days have begun to get short and the nights longer. Though our day to day lives are made difficult during this season let us take this as a chance to appreciate the warmth which we would not have known if not for this season. What does winter, particularly rain or snowfall mean to you? How lovely it is to be blanketed sitting in the couch sipping a steaming cup of hot chocolate or tea and staring into the beating rain through our window? I certainly won’t say no when someone quietly pushes a plate of garam pakoda or a king size samosa with a generous helping of green chutney or warm home made chewy cookies to me and leaves me to my own memories and dreams.
Enjoying a sense of togetherness with the family gathered around the table enjoying a hot bowl of soup to begin with and hot, soft rotis with a spicy curry to go with for dinner is bliss to me during the long nights. I feel that life has been made for these sort of precious moments. So what are you planning to rustle up this winter for your family when nature’s bounty is in its full splendor? How about sharing them with me and with all dear friends ?
Now some Guidelines to participate in the event:
1. Cook and post a recipe in your blog that relates to the season “Winter”. It could be a warm bread for the cold mornings, soups, crunchy snack for the evenings, steaming cuppa, hot and spicy curry, warm cookies or biscuits, the ideas are aplenty.
2. Your recipe can belong to any category.
2. You can use any method of cooking.
3. Vegetarian recipes only. Eggs are allowed of course.
4. No archived or reposed entries please. The post has to be between Nov 1 and Dec 31, 2011.
5. Multiple entries are welcome. Linking back to the announcement is a must.
6. Usage of logo is mandatory as it helps to spread word.
7. After posting your recipe mail me to email@example.com with the following details.,
- Subject line : Winter Carnival
- Blog Name:
- Recipe Name:
- Recipe Url:
- A click of your recipe. (would be better if you could restrict it to 400 pixels)
8. Non bloggers can also participate. Just send me the recipe with a click of the recipe if possible to the above mentioned email.