Carrot Cake ~ Moist & Soft
- All purpose flour – 125 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 200 gms
- Eggs – 2
- Carrot, grated – 200 gms
- Cashew nuts, chopped – 50 gms
- Oil – 100 ml
Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C. Prepare a baking tin by greasing it with oil and flouring it and keep it ready.
Sieve together all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder twice and keep it aside.
- I used palm oil which is high in Beta-Carotene which in turn gave the cake a lovely orange hue.
- Oven timings may vary accordingly.
- Omit the cinnamon powder if you are not that keen.
- You can also use walnuts instead of cashew nuts.