Carrot kheer recipe or carrot payasam with step by step photos. An easy to make dessert or sweet that's perfect for any festive occasion. It tastes awesome either hot or cold. As the carrots are already sweet in nature, it takes very less sugar unlike the other payasam recipes. I wanted to start this New year with a sweet and made this for New year too. Wishing all my friends for a wonderful year ahead.
I like to eat the kheer rather than drink it like a milkshake of sorts, so I prefer making the payasam like this. Whenever I have to make a quick neivedhyam and hard pressed for time, I make this kheer immediately.
I always have carrots stocked up in the fridge as my little one loves to eat carrots raw. For making this kheer, the only work it takes is to grate the carrots, so apart from that this kheer gets done in minutes.
Not just for festive occasions only, but whenever your sweet tooth begs for some attention, pamper yourself with this carrot kheer and the fact that you don't have to spend hours in the kitchen to make this quick and easy dessert comes as a bonus.
My kids love this kheer very much and I often make this on Sunday mornings to serve this cold after their Biryani lunch. Oh and you have to trust me, it tastes so delicious after the Biryani.
Step by step method to make Carrot Kheer Recipe as follows:
1. Heat a pan with ghee and roast cashew pieces till golden in color, keep aside. Add remaining ghee to the pan and the grated carrots and saute for 3-4 mins.
2. Add ¼ cup milk to the pan and let the carrots cook for 2-3 mins till they become soft.
3. Take half the quantity of cooked carrots and transfer to a mixie jar. Add cardamom, 2-3 tablespoon milk and grind to a smooth paste. Return the ground paste to the pan.
4. Add sugar, condensed mil, remaining milk and simmer till the sugar dissolves completely. Add the roasted cashew nuts, mix well. Switch off the stove and serve chilled or warm.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrot Kheer Recipe or Carrot Payasam Recipe as follows:
Carrot Kheer Recipe - Carrot Payasam
- Carrot - 2 small
- Milk - ½ litre or 2 ½ cups
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Condensed milk - 4 tbsp
- Cardamom - 1
- Cashew nuts - 10
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Grate carrots and keep aside. Break the cashews into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 teaspoon ghee. Add cashew nuts and roast till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil and let it simmer for 7-10 mins till it thickens a bit and slightly reduces in volume.
- Add the remaining ghee to the same pan. Add the grated carrots and sauté for 3-4 mins over low flame till it shrivels and gets half cooked.
- Add ¼ cup milk to the pan and let the carrots cook till soft. It will take 2-3 mins.
- Take half the quantity of cooked carrots and transfer to a mixie jar. Add cardamom, 2-3 tablespoon milk and grind to a smooth paste. Return the ground paste to the pan.
- Add sugar, condensed milk, remaining milk and simmer for 2-3 mins stirring continuously till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the roasted cashew nuts and mix.
- Transfer the kheer to the serving bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve cold in individual bowls.