Chinese Egg Omelette Recipe – A fulfilling and healthy breakfast that is full of Asian flavors.
An omelette is such an easy recipe to make and is perfect for bachelors while they venture out and have to sustain on their own.
In my opinion an omelette is the only recipe which every cuisine around the world boasts of having a version of their own. That’s because eggs are so versatile.
The egg’s high protein content is very good for the kids and you can very easily add any amount of vegetables to an omelette, if they are refusing to eat any and they won’t even know.
As the eggs are rich in fat also, you can enjoy a protein loaded dish without having to add any extra fat (oil) too.
Our Favorite Video:
You can serve the Omlettes either as a side dish to rice for lunch, as its is easy to pack in lunch boxes or make it for the kids and serve hot when they come home after school as a snack.
The most favorite way to enjoy is have it piping hot along with bread for brunch on a holiday.
Points to note while making this Egg Omelette:
1. Usually some milk is added to eggs to get a soft and moist omelette, But I avoided it as the milk may curdle as we are also adding soy and green chili sauce.
2. I added the turmeric powder as my kids will not like the darkish tinge of the eggs due to the addition of soy sauce and black pepper powder.
3. Make sure that you remove the pulp and deseed the tomatoes before chopping it.
4. As we are adding green chilies, chili sauce, black pepper powder, adjust all the quantities according to your spice level.
5. Always cook the omelette over low flame. It takes very less time to cook. If cooked over high flame the eggs will cook fast making the vegetables uncooked or the bottom might get burnt as well.
Chinese Egg Omelette Recipe below:
Chinese Egg Omelette Recipe
- Eggs – 3
- Onion - 1
- Spring onions - 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili - 2 tsp chopped
- Carrot - 2 tbsp grated
- Capsicum - 1 tbsp chopped
- Cabbage - 1 tbsp shredded
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Green chili sauce – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp Optional
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely. Very finely chop the white and green parts of the Scallion and keep them separate.
- In a bowl mix together chopped onions, tomatoes, carrots, cabbage, white part of the scallions, bell peppers, cabbage and crumble with your finger tips.
- This is to ensure that none of them get stacked in one place while sprinkling.
- Divide into 3 portions and keep aside. Also divide the green part of the scallions (Chives) and keep it ready.
How to make Chinese Egg Omelette:
- In a bowl break the eggs, add turmeric powder, salt, 2-3 tbsp water, soy sauce, chili sauce, black pepper powder and whisk well till frothy with a balloon whisk.
- Heat a frying pan or girdle and let it become warm. I eyeballed the quantity of egg mixture that I poured else use a ladle and pour the egg mixture and swirl the pan to spread around. Make sure the flame is low.
- Sprinkle one portion of the mixed vegetables evenly all over the egg mixture. Once again sprinkle the chives on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil all around the egg. Cover the frying pan with a lid. This will ensure that the vegetables will get cooked along with the eggs. Let it cook for a minute or 2 over low flame.
- Once cooked, flip the omelette around and let it cook the other side as well for a minute. This time there is no need to cover with a lid and no need to drizzle oil as the eggs itself will start to leave out the fat.
- Chinese Egg Omelette is ready.
- Transfer to a serving plate and continue to make 2 more. Serve hot.