Chocolate Banana Muffins recipe with step by step photos. These moist and soft chocolate banana muffins make a great breakfast or a snack and freeze very well for later use.
I love baking with Bananas but anyways who doesn’t?
They make any bake to which they are added super duper soft and moist. These Chocolate Banana Muffins are no less either.
These chocolate banana muffins are super moist with a rich chocolate flavor and guess what!! They have no butter at all and use only vegetable oil and just a handful of ingredients.
They are also good to pack for the kids school snacks box which I often do.
I have to let 2 or 3 of the bananas to become over ripe from the bunch that hubby usually brings home on weekdays especially to bake these chocolate banana muffins.
I chanced upon this amazing and simple muffin recipe on Nigella’s space when I was looking for a very simple muffin recipe that had very little ingredients in them.
These chocolate banana muffins are so fool proof and a definite keeper and you can play with the quantity without worrying and still get the best result every time.
I have not used any flavoring agent like vanilla extract but wanted to enjoy just the banana flavor alone with the chocolate aroma. Make sure you use over ripe bananas for the flavor to come through.
Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe with step by step photos:
1. Mix the dry ingredient of flour, baking soda and cocoa powder in a wide bowl and transfer to a plate.
2. Mash bananas in the same bowl.
3. Add the eggs, vegetable oil and beat with a whisk till incorporated.
4. Add brown sugar and whisk well.
5. Add the dry ingredient mixture in two batches and mix until just combined.
6. Drop scoopfuls of batter in muffin cups till ¾th full.
7. Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees and bake for 15-20 mins till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool completely on the rack.
8. Chocolate Banana Muffins are ready.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chocolate Banana Muffins recipe details below:
Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe
- Bananas - 2 over ripe
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Brown sugar - ½ cup packed
- Eggs – 2
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C (350 F).
- Grease the muffin pans with oil or butter. I used paper cups.
- Sieve together flour, baking soda, cocoa together and keep it aside.
- Mash the bananas well using a fork or masher.
- Add eggs, vegetable oil and whisk till incorporated.
- Add brown sugar and mix well.
- To this wet mixture add the sieved dry flour mixture in two batches and keep mixing with a spatula to get a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cases.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Chocolate Banana Muffins are ready.
- Enjoy as your morning breakfast with a glass of milk or pack for your kids snack box.