Custard powder halwa recipe is one of the most easiest halwa recipes that you could make for Diwali or any special occassion. Its so easy and fool proof that even a beginner can try it out with confidence to get perfection. Unlike the carrot halwa, this custard powder halwa, does not take a long time and gets finished within 15 to 20 mins.
There is no need for checking any string consistency with this sweet, as all you’ve got to do is keep stirring and you will get a glass, shiny, perfect halwa that you can slice and distribute to guests and friends.
Let’s Check the step by step method to make Custard Powder Halwa Recipe:
In a thick bottomed pan, mix all the ingredients without any lumps. Start cooking over high flame.
It will quickly become thick and will become glassy looking like a jelly. Cook over low flame.
Keep stirring to avoid the bottom from sticking to the bottom.
When the halwa begins to pull away from the sides, it is time to transfer to the greased plate and slice them.
Custard Powder Halwa is ready to serve.
Custard Powder Halwa Recipe
- Custard powder – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Water – 4 cups
- Ghee – 5 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Chop the cashew nuts finely and keep aside. No need to roast them. Keep a plate ready by greasing it with ghee.
- In a thick bottomed pan, mix together custard powder (I used Vanilla flavor), water, sugar and mix well without any lumps.
- Keep the pan on the stove and begin by cooking over high flame.
- The mixture will begin to boil and start to thicken. Keep stirring.
- Add ghee, cashew nuts, mix well and reduce the flame. By now the mixture will look like a thick jelly and look glassy.
- Keep stirring continuously for 8-10 mins till the mixture begins to form into a lump and begins pulling away from the sides.
- Transfer the halwa to the greased plate and level the top. You can also sprinkle nuts on top. Make indents while the halwa is still warm
- Once its cool, slice them and serve.
- You can store this halwa at room temperature for 2 to 3 days and it keeps well for 7 days when refrigerated.