Egg kurma recipe. This egg kurma makes a sumptuous side dish to chapathis, parottas and also goes well with pulaos and biryanis. This muttai kurma is mildly spiced and I have made this the easy way in a pressure cooker.
I always stock up on hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator so that I can rustle up an easy sandwich or just serve them plain with freshly cracked pepper and salt for breakfast.
So whenever I have the last of 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs left out, it ends up as egg kurma for dinner or to pack in the lunch box along with chapathis for the kids.
And making them in the pressure cooker, is really a clean and time saving method in the mornings, when I have to finish packing lunch boxes and leave home by 8 for work.
You can make whatever kurma that you wish using the same method or you can use this Mixed Vegetable Kurma and make it in the pressure cooker.
You will also like this 15 mins Paneer Butter Masala that is made in the pressure cooker which is equally delicious like the traditional one when served with chapathis.
Egg Kurma Recipe details as follows:
Egg Kurma Recipe - Muttai Kurma Recipe
- Hard boiled eggs - 3
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves chopped - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
- Kal Paasi - 1 fat pinch optional
To grind to a smooth paste:
- Freshly grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Khus Khus - 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts whole - 5
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 3
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Green chili - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Chop both onions and tomato finely and set aside.
- Peel the eggs, make 3 slits around the eggs from top to bottom without separating it and set aside.
For the paste:
- Take all the ingredients for the paste in a mixie jar.
- Add 1/8 to 1/4 cup water and grind to a smooth paste.
How to make Egg Kurma:
- Heat a pressure with oil.
- Add mustard seeds, kal paasi and cinnamon. Let the mustard splutter.
- Add onion, curry leaves and saute till the onions become soft.
- Add tomato, coriander leaves and saute till the tomato softens a bit.
- Add the freshly ground coconut paste, red chili and turmeric powder.
- Add peeled hard boiled eggs, 1 cup water, salt and mix well.
- Close the pressure cooker with its lid and cook for 2 whistles over medium low flame.
- After the pressure releases, open the lid and mix gently.
- Garnish with more coriander leaves if preferred.
- Egg Kurma is ready to be served hot with Chapathis, parottas or Pulaos.