Eggless Apple Banana Muffin Recipe. These delicious, healthy muffins are loaded with the goodness of both apples and bananas and have no eggs or butter in them.
You can enjoy them either for breakfast or as a quick snack on the go and enjoy the goodness of fruits at the same time.
The muffins were a result of the over ripe bananas that were breathing their last and a lone apple which no one wanted to eat.
So I ended up making these muffins to send it for my kids snack time at school.
You need not have to take out your stand mixer for rustling up these muffins and no muscle power is also needed as the batter just comes together beautifully.
Apart from the fruits you can also add chopped nuts, tutti frutti or chocolate chips to jazz up these muffins which I’m sure will make your kids very happy.
The yogurt added to the muffin batter provides the much needed moisture to keep it soft and moist even when stored at room temperature.
Instead of muffins, you can also bake the batter in a bread tin as a quick bread and slice them easily to serve for breakfast. Just drizzle them with melted chocolate on top or smear some Nutella and you are good to go with a healthy breakfast treat for your kids.
Points to note before baking eggless apple banana muffin:
1. I used 2 large “Robusta” variety of banana and 2 medium size fuji apples.
2. If you want to use an egg, then reduce the vegetable oil by ¼ cup and replace with an egg.
3. Instead of using blender, you can also do this by hand using a whisk, but I used a blender to get even, smooth batter.
4. While the kids were okay with the sweetness of the muffins, I felt that it was a tad bit too sweet, so I shall use only ¾ cup sugar from next time on.
5. These muffins work well with over ripe bananas enhancing the taste and flavor.
I just made 9 muffins with the paper tea cups and used the rest of the batter to make 1 big muffin by using a pudding mould.
Either way, you simply cannot go wrong with this recipe is all I can say and promise.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eggless Apple Banana Muffin Recipe details below:
Eggless Apple Banana Muffin Recipe | Eggless Muffins Recipes
- All purpose flour – 2 cups or 240 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ⅛ tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup or 200 gms
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Bananas - 2 over ripe
- Apples - 1 cup chopped
- Yogurt or Curd - ½ cup
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder in a mixing bowl.
- Roughly mash the banana with your fingers or with a fork and keep aside.
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples and keep aside.
- In a blender, add mashed bananas, yogurt, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and pulse at regular intervals till they all are combined well.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and stir well.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 batches while mixing with a spatula.
- Do not over do it but just mix till you do not see any flour patches.
- Finally stir in chopped apples and mix to distribute evenly.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Grease a 12 muffin tray with oil.
- I used paper cups and did not grease them.
- Fill the cups with the muffin batter till they are ¾th full, leaving enough space for the muffin to rise while baking.
- Bake for 25 – 30 mins or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take the tray out and let it come to room temperature.
- Eggless Apple Banana Muffin are ready.
- Enjoy either as a healthy breakfast filled with fruits or as a snack.