Eggless Banana Bread recipe – A healthy, soft and moist quick bread that is loaded with the flavors of banana baked using whole wheat flour and oats flour with step by step photos & video.
This is my go to eggless banana bread right from the beginning I started to bake. Earlier my younger one would not eat them as he hates bananas but right now I think his tastes have evolved and he loves it so much.
One more reason why I should bake this banana bread often. It’s as easy as counting numbers and makes a fantastic breakfast or snack for the kids that’s just easy to pack for school.
In my opinion, banana bread tastes awesome when it rests for some time.
It tastes amazing the next day or on the second day. Another reason to bake 2 loaves and let one loaf age to enjoy later. That’s why this is a keeper recipe.
Usually I make only one loaf earlier when I baked using my microwave convection oven. 2 months ago I bought an OTG that was big enough to house 2 loaf pans, this time I decided to bake 2 loaves at the same time.
This recipe is updated with the flour ratios, though the other ingredients and the method are same that I posted earlier.
This time I used 1 cup each of whole wheat flour and quick cooking oats flour to bake this eggless banana bread and it turned out just perfect instead of ending up with dense slices as I feared earlier.
If you want to make only loaf, halve the recipe exactly and it will give you perfect result. I have used melted butter in this recipe.
You can also use any vegetable oil in place of butter but I personally loved the bread’s texture when I use butter.
You can replace half the sugar with either cane or brown sugar too.
Eggless Banana Bread with step by step photos:
1. Powder quick cooking oats in a mixie jar to a fine consistency.
2. Mix together powered oats, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, sugar in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a plate.
3. In the same bowl mash the bananas well using a masher.
4. Add yogurt, milk, vanilla essence, melted butter and whisk well.
5. Add the flour mixture in two batches and mix gently using a spatula.
6. Add broken walnuts and chocolate chips if using and mix gently to distribute evenly.
7. Line 2 loaf pans with parchment or butter paper or grease them with oil or butter. Transfer the batter between the loaf pans equally or till ¾th full and tap gently on the floor.
8. Place the pans in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
9. Eggless banana bread is ready. Take the pans out and let it cool completely. Slice and serve.
I would go ahead and call this bread as the best ever eggless banana bread as the recipe is most adaptable and forgiving as I have baked them several times making several changes to the flour ratios and it comes out great every single time.
You can use either quick cooking oats or if you wish to use gluten free flour in this bread, use rolled oats, buckwheat flour, amaranth flour or like I have used in this above bread, use sprouted ragi flour in the place of oats flour while keeping the ratios of the liquid ingredients the same.
You have an amazing breakfast or snack with a mix of whole grain and all purpose flours that is not too heavy but yet light, soft and moist.
You can also check out this,
Eggless Banana Bread Video below:
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more such video recipes.
Eggless banana bread recipe details below:
Eggless Banana Bread Recipe
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Quick Cooking Oats – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Yogurt or Curd – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Melted butter – 4 tbsp
- Bananas – 4
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven at 180 C / 350 F.
- Powder quick cooking oats in a mixie jar. It should be fine in texture.
- In a big bowl, mix together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, powdered oats, salt, baking soda and sugar. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same bowl, add bananas and mash well using a masher.
- Add melted butter, vanilla essence, yogurt/curd, milk and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches stirring gently using a spatula.
- Add walnuts, chocolate chips and mix gently. Do not over mix else the bread will become dense.
- Line 2 loaf tins with parchment or butter paper or grease them well.
- Transfer the batter equally between the 2 tins.
- Place the tins in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Eggless banana bread is ready.
- Take the tins out and let them cool down to room temperature.
- Slice the eggless banana bread and serve with a glass of milk for breakfast or with enjoy with evening tea.
- Store the slices in an air tight jar and refrigerate.