This is the first time I’m using Palm oil in a bake and I must say that I’m fully satisfied with the result. When I saw the Bakery that I frequent buying this oil in bulk, I wanted to find out the reason, as I have never used it before. When I googled further, I found out quite a lot about its benefits and uses. First thing is that the oil is odor free, rich in Beta-Carotene and I can get the same result that I get while using butter and further more I can be absolutely guilt free of the calories while using butter. When I cut open the pack I found the oil in a semi solid state just like melted butter. From now on it is Palm oil for me, replacing vegetable oil in any bakes.
This is also the first time that I’m using Cinnamon as previously I was apprehensive of using it worrying whether my Kids would like the flavor. I need not have worried at all as Arjun very much liked the “Biryani Bread”. Like the Orange Tutti Fruti Bread, this bread is also adapted from “Prevention Magazine” and I made various changes to it. This is originally a Blueberry bread which had eggs in it. I converted it into an eggless one and omitted the berries and added choco chips to it and the result was a bread which was super moist, flavor some and one which got over so soon in a blink of an eye.
Eggless Cinnamon Choco Chip Banana Bread
- All Purpose Flour – 1-1/4 Cups
- Melted Butter / Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup (I used Palm Oil)
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Mashed Ripe Banana – 1 cup (I used 3 bananas)
- Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
- Yogurt / Curd – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- I used Palm oil, but if you are not comfortable with it use any vegetable oil.
- If you can get hold of fresh blueberries replace it with chocolate chips and leave out the bananas and add 2 eggs while whisking the wet ingredients.
- You can also use fresh orange zest if you like.
- You can replace half the quantity of flour with whole wheat flour.
- It took me 55 min to get it done. Oven timings may vary accordingly.