Wishing all my friends and readers a very Happy New Year. I wanted to ring in the New Year with something sweet. So, sharing with you all here is an eggless coffee cake that I made before New Year which I took to my native place where we celebrated the new year with all my relatives. As I had mentioned in Mocha Muffins post, except me all my relatives are hard core coffee addicts and I knew this cake would be much appreciated.
I was not at all disappointed as they loved every bite of this moist, crumbly cake. I dribbled some caramel sauce as I felt that coffee and caramel would make a lovely combination. I also did not add the vanilla essence in this cake as I wanted the cake to be filled with the rich aroma of coffee and chocolate.
Eggless Coffee Cake
Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 50 mins | Makes: 1 “8.5 inch” Bundt Cake
- All purpose flour – 1+¼ cups
- Powdered sugar - 1+¼ cups
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Instant Coffee powder – 3 tsp (heaped)
- Fresh yogurt (curd) – ¾ cup
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. Grease and flour a 8.5 inch Bundt pan and keep it ready.
2. In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder together.
3. Mix instant coffee powder in milk and keep it ready.
4. In another bowl whisk together yogurt and powdered sugar. To this mixture add dissolved instant coffee-milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and whisk well.
5. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches to the wet ingredients and fold gently till a batter of dropping consistency is formed.
6. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Take the pan out of the oven and once cooled down completely invert on to a plate and dribble Caramel sauce on top. Slice and serve.
1. Make sure that the yogurt is in room temperature.
2. If the batter is too thick, add more milk by tablespoons to adjust the consistency of the cake batter.
3. Instead of dribbling caramel sauce you can sieve the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
4. Oven timings will vary accordingly.