Eggless Gingerbread Cookies that are soft, chewy and oh so easy to bake and enjoy. These cookies are packed with all of your favourite fall spices. I made these gingerbread cookies without molasses.
Bake these for the holidays and share it as beautifully packed edible gifts with your friends and family.
Usually I make these cookies using the Molasses substitute that I make around the holiday season, so that I can use it in my baking. But since I have not been home a lot this season, I decided to skip using molasses substitute and went with the most easiest substitute.
I have used my hand mixer to cream the butter and raw cane sugar together because, well I had it but rarely use it and wanted to make sure that it is still up and running. If you do not have one, then just use a whisk and do it manually.
Our Favorite Video:
Why you need to bake these gingerbread cookies?
- Egg Free
- Molasses free
- Soft and chewy
- Refined sugar free
What other flavors can I use?
All the fall spices used are totally adjustable according to your wish. Increase and decrease the ratio depending on your preference and availability.
If you like coffee flavour, than you can add in good quality dark coffee while adding the liquid ingredients.
Can I bake these cookies Vegan?
Yes of course. You can use vegan butter in the place of good old butter.
What is the shelf life of these cookies?
Seriously... Its cookies and rarely do I need to store it for longer than 2 days as they get over by then. But they must stay fresh for at least a week.
Except for cane sugar, mix all the dry ingredients together
Cream together cane sugar and butter.
Stir in wet ingredients and add in dry mixture in 2 batches.
Mix into a soft, pliable but firm dough.
Make 1 inch balls and roll over white sugar.
Arrange the balls with 2 inch apart on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Bake the cookies and let it cool completely.
Note: These cookies are extremely soft after baking. As it cools down, they will become firm.
More Cookie Love...
Do subscribe to our Youtube Channel for recipe videos.
Eggless Gingerbread Cookies Recipe Card:
EGGLESS GINGERBREAD COOKIES
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 cup
- Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- Ground ginger - 2 tsp
- Milk powder - 1 tbsp optional
- Nutmeg - 1 fat pinch grated
- Ground cloves - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Unsalted butter softened - 1/3 cup
- Raw cane sugar - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- White Sugar - 2 to 3 tbsp (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- In a medium bowl and combine flour, baking soda, milk powder, ground - ginger, cinnamon, cloves, grated nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream butter and cane sugar until light and fluffy and then stir in honey.
- Slowly blend the dry flour mixture into butter mixture in 2 batches until incorporated and there are no dry patches of flour showing.
- Shape dough into one inch balls and roll over white sugar. This step is optional if you want to keep the cookies refined sugar free.
- Place on parchment covered baking sheets two inch apart. Bake for 8 to 10 mins. After 5 minutes move to cooling racks and let it come to room temperature.
- These eggless ginger bread cookies will be soft when you take it out. It will become firm after it cools down. Enjoy these with your favourite cuppa.