Eggless Matcha Mug Cake Recipe . This cake literally takes just 2 mins of our time and just a mug to make & enjoy loaded with the goodness of Matcha. Its also 100% gluten free.
A quick and easy dessert or snack when the craving hits you and or if your sweet tooth gets the better of you.
I always look forward to include anything green in all my meals and this matcha mug cake has quickly become my evening snack.
If you are looking for more info on Matcha, you can find it in my “No bake matcha energy bites” post where in I have explained all about matcha, its types and its benefits.
I have adapted this cake from my 2 min Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake and made little adjustment to the ingredients to suit my needs which is to make it gluten free.
As the base is rolled oats, the cake will not be as moist as a regular mug cake.
As it is 100% gluten free, the texture will be a coarse and crumbly instead of super moist when you all purpose flour.
But the addition of coconut oil made it moist enough instead of being super crumbly.
If you want to make this into a vegan cake, you can substitute the milk with either coconut, almond, cashew or soy milk.
If you wish to make this naturally sweetned, then you can also use either apple puree or mashed bananas, but that will change the flavor of the cake.
All in all, an elegant and classy dessert to serve and eat if you are going for portion controlling anything sweet that you eat which is exactly my intention.
If you are looking for more desserts in jar made in microwave, check out,
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eggless Matcha Mug Cake recipe details below:
Eggless Matcha Mug Cake
- Oat flour - 4 tbsp (Grind rolled oats & measure)
- Sugar - 2 tbsp (white or brown)
- Matcha Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - ¼ tsp
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Milk - 4 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - ½ tsp
- Dark Chocolate chips - 2 tsp
- In a microwave safe mug, add Oat flour, matcha, sugar, baking soda, salt and mix with a fork.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and whisk again with a fork till there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
- Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top (if using).
- Make sure that the batter is less than ½ the capacity of the mug.
- If its more, the batter will overflow from the mug when the cake rises during cooking.
- Place the mug into the microwave and cook for 2 mins at micro high. (The high setting in mine is 900 W).
- Let the mug rest in the microwave itself for at least ½ minute.
- If you open the door immediately, the cake will deflate and sink in.
- Wait for it cool down a bit and dig into this quick eggless matcha muf cake.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Browse plenty more quick & flavorful recipes easily by course, method, occasion & diet.