I had always bought store bought Mayonnaise to be used as a spread for sandwiches for my kids. Though it is very easy to make at home, I never felt comfortable storing them as they are made of raw eggs, there is always the scare of salmonella infection. Also I cannot finish them all within a day or two either, but recently when I wanted to use it as a dressing in Salads, I had to go for an eggless one as I do not eat eggs. If you are on a diet and looking for a healthy, low fat Mayonnaise recipe, this is the perfect spread for you. The most important thing is that it stays good for 10 days when kept refrigerated so there is no wastage as well.
- Do not cook corn flour mixture over high flame as it will burn easily and quickly.
- If making large quantity, do use electric hand mixer for beating to make the job quicker and easier.
- If you do not have both the oil at hand, go for any odor free vegetable oil.
- Taste the final spread and adjust the sugar and pepper according to your taste.
- Instead of sugar, you can also use honey or agave nectar.