It had been my long time wish to bake these colorful cookies that I chance upon in the internet frequently. Finally made it last week and they turned out absolutely great, just the way I wished a perfect cookie to be. Slightly crisp around the edges and chewy in the middle and around. I did not even get a chance to store them. All were gone within minutes of taking them from the oven. When I surfed the net for the recipe all of them had eggs in them and though I do not have any objection to using eggs, my thought was, why add an extra ingredient when you can still get the result without having to add it. So I just followed my eggless chocolate chip cookie and found it to work well.
You can check out the eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe if you wish for a step by step pictorial. I was not well so skipped the step wise clicks. But I wonder you would really need any as these cookies are so easy to prepare.
Eggless M&M Cookies
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Bake Time: 20 Mins
Our Favorite Video:
- All purpose flour – 240 gms
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Butter – 100 gms
- White granule Sugar – 50 gms
- Brown sugar – 50 gms
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- M&M’s, divided – 150 gms
1. Pre heat oven @ 180 Degrees Celsius.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt and keep aside.
3. Using a hand held mixer beat butter and both the sugars in a mixing bowl till creamy and light. Add vanilla essence and beat once more until incorporated. You can also do this by hand.
4. Switch to a spatula and scrape down the sides. Add the flour mixture, 100 gms M&M’s and mix well.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the dough is firm to the touch.
6. Make small balls and arrange on a cookie tray leaving 2 inch gap between each of them. They do spread around.
7. Flatten the balls slightly with the bottom of a glass and push some remaining M&M’s on top of the flattened cookies.
8. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Once done take out and let it cool for 5 minutes in the tray on a wire rack.
10. Transfer to a plate and let it cool completely to room temperature. Store in airtight box and enjoy!!!
Make sure that the butter is at room temperature.
You can skip the white sugar and use brown sugar instead or vice versa.
If you do not have M&M’s or Smarties as they known, use any other colored candy.
Oven timings will vary accordingly.
This is off to Show Me Your Hits