Eggless Red Velvet Mug Cake Recipe. A super soft and spongy red velvet mug cake that takes just 1 min in your microwave.
Makes for a quick and perfect surprise Valentine’s day treat for your loved ones.
I love mug cakes. I mean, who doesn’t right?
Its easy, quirky and doesn’t demand too much of your time like a regular cake.
So, satisfy your red velvet cake cravings in the form of this easy to rustle up mug cake.
This recipe is adapted from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake. I did not make any cream cheese frosting for serving this cake.
I did not see any point as this supposed to be quick without having to bring out any mixing bowls.
The charm gets lost, if you are left with anything to wash up later other than the mug itself.
You can also use half apf and half whole wheat flour to make this cake.
I used coconut oil, so skipped adding vanilla extract.
But if you are going to add any other vegetable oil, do not forget to add the flavouring agent.
Other Mug Cakes that might interest you are:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 Mins Eggless Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 Mins Microwave Strawberry Cobbler
- Chocolate Strawberry Mug Cake
You can also check out this Eggless Matcha Mug Cake if you want a healthy pick me up.
Eggless Red Velvet Mug Cake Recipe details below:
Eggless Red Velvet Mug Cake Recipe
- All purpose flour - ¼ cup or 4 tbsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - ⅛ tsp or 1 fat pinch
- Milk - 4 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- White vinegar - ⅛ tsp
- Red food color - ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 2 drops
- White chocolate chips - for topping optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe mug.
- Mix using a fork till the batter is free of lumps and is smooth.
- Sprinkle white choco chips on top if using.
- Microwave at high for 1 minute and let it sit inside for another min before taking the mug out.
- Serve with a cream cheese frosting or with a sprinkle of icing sugar on top.