Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Rest Time: 1-1/2 Hours
Bake Time: 30 Minutes
- All Purpose Flour – 2-1/2 Cups
- Active Dry Yeast – 1-1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Italian Seasoning – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped – 3 tbsp
- Caramelized Onion – 3 tbsp
- Milk (for brushing) – 1 tbsp
Proofing the yeast:
- Toppings can be of your choice with any fresh or dry herbs, olives etc.,
- You can also brush the top with egg to get a dark golden crust.
- Use any other vegetable oil or melted butter in place of olive oil.
- The red chilli powder, garlic and onion powder used in this recipe are optional. You can also make the focaccia without using any of them.
- You can also replace 1 cup whole wheat flour with the all purpose flour but the bread will be a bit dense.
- Oven timings will vary accordingly.