Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Rest Time: 1-1/2 Hours
Bake Time: 30 Minutes
- All Purpose Flour – 2-1/2 Cups
- Active Dry Yeast – 1-1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Italian Seasoning – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped – 3 tbsp
- Caramelized Onion – 3 tbsp
- Milk (for brushing) – 1 tbsp
Proofing the yeast:
Toppings can be of your choice with any fresh or dry herbs, olives etc.,
You can also brush the top with egg to get a dark golden crust.
Use any other vegetable oil or melted butter in place of olive oil.
The red chilli powder, garlic and onion powder used in this recipe are optional. You can also make the focaccia without using any of them.
You can also replace 1 cup whole wheat flour with the all purpose flour but the bread will be a bit dense.
Oven timings will vary accordingly.