No Bake Matcha Energy Bites to power you through be it Pre or Post Workout.
These vegan & gluten free no bake matcha energy bites are loaded with fast acting carbs & protein, that are meant to keep your energy levels up & fasten up your weight loss journey.
Also you can’t forget the magic of green called the “Matcha” in these bites.
We all know that “Matcha” has become one of the “Super Foods” during recent times and its meant to stay right there on top.
Well…. you can’t ignore it as the hype is indeed real when you get to know & understand its health benefits.
But first of all...
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a type of green tea made by picking young & tender tea leaves and grinding them into a super fine, bright green powder.
How does Matcha differ from other Teas?
Matcha leaves are grown on green tea bushes that are grown under shade. The leaves don’t get to enjoy direct sunlight. The shade increases the amount of chlorophyll content in the leaves, which is what makes them bright green and full of nutrients.
What is the difference between “Green Tea & "Matcha Tea”?
The making of both the teas are different. You have to infuse the “Green Tea” in water, discard the leaves & then drink the brewed tea whereas to make “Matcha Tea” all you need to do is whisk in the matcha powder in hot water to enjoy a cuppa. Its like you are drinking the entire tea leaf in liquid form.
What are the benefits of Matcha?
As the tea leaves are grown in shade, Matcha is high in chlorophyll which is the reason why it is so green & full of nutrients. Several studies conducted show that they help to prevent heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer.
“Matcha” has become one of the go to super food for people on a weight loss journey. The reason is that Matcha contains more caffeine than Green Tea which helps in controlling your hunger pangs.
Do you know that there are 3 grades of matcha powder?
Ceremonial grade Matcha is of course simply for making tea.
Premium grade can be used in making lattes, smoothies & shakes.
Culinary grade known for their color & flavor can be used to make these no bake matcha energy bites, breads & pastries.
No Bake Matcha Energy Bites Video Below:
During his travels last year, husband got me a several packs of premium grade matcha & flavored teas which I have been enjoying very much.
As my breakfast is usually a green smoothie, I loved using that matcha and couldn't get enough of it.
The most idyllic thing about these no bake matcha energy bites are that they are also "No cook" & takes just 10 mins of prep time. So cool huh.....
No Bake Matcha Energy Bites Recipe below:
No Bake Matcha Energy Bites Recipe
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats - ½ cup
- Almonds - ¼ cup
- Roasted Gram / Chutney dal - ¼ cup
- Matcha powder - 2 tsp
- Chia seeds - 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened Natural Peanut Butter - 3 tbsp
- Dates - 8 to 10 deseeded
- Sea salt - 1 pinch
- To a food processor or a mixie jar, add rolled oats, almonds, Roasted gram dal, chia seeds & sea salt.
- Process till it gets coarsely powdered.
- Add matcha powder, peanut butter and dates.
- Process once again till all are well combined & look almost moist & lumpy.
- Transfer to a plate. Take just a handful of the coarse powder and begin making small balls.
- The powder will be moist enough to hold on its own & you can easily make the balls without the fear of crumbling.
- Store in a clean, dry jar & enjoy for pre or post workout or as a quick snack.
- These no bake matcha energy balls stays good for a week when stored at room temperature.