Pink Lemonade Recipe – A summer drink made from freshly squeezed lemonade that gets its pink tinge from the macerated strawberries. Homemade pink lemonade gives the drink a perfect balance of the sweetness and tartness to the drink.
I love lemonade, period. And who doesn’t when the sun is relentless maintaining a steady 40-42 C on a daily basis. We, the poor souls can only keep ourselves safe by keeping us dehydrated.
What better way to keep up with the dehydration than keep downing large glasses of freshly squeezed lemonades at regular intervals?
This pink lemonade will also make a fabulous party drink that can easily feed a crowd during summer.
I’m so glad that I had the sense to freeze some strawberries during the season so that I could make various drinks using them. This pink lemonade makes a refreshing change from the regular ones and gives the required zing and tartness to the drink.
I love anything with strawberries. What’s not to love about them? Right from their color, taste, shape, I believe that they also happen to be the best photogenic fruit.
There are several ways by which we can make this pink lemonade. Some make a syrup of the fruits by boiling them in water, extracting the juice and store the concentrate in the fridge to mix with water later to drink.
But I have made it fresh here to cut down the work. Though both taste equally good, I prefer this simple and easy way as the kids also can take part in the simple task and make the drink by themselves.
Instead of strawberries, you can also use raspberries and cranberries or a mix of all the fruits. It totally depends on the availability of the fruits. I had frozen strawberries, so used them.
Pink Lemonade recipe details below:
- Strawberries – 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Orange - 1
- Lemon - 3
- Water - 4 cups
- Ice cubes - to serve
- To macerate the strawberries, chop them finely. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp powdered sugar, mix well and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile in a big jug, squeeze the juice of orange and lemons.
- Add water, remaining powdered sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Refrigerate till chilled well.
- After 30 mins, transfer the strawberries along with the syrup to a mixer jar.
- Grind till smooth and pass through a sieve to remove any seeds. I did not bother with this step.
- Take the jug from the refrigerator and add this strawberry juice to it and stir well.
- Put ice cubes in glasses and pour the lemonade over them.
- Serve this pink lemonade immediately.