Remember those Mini Tutti Fruti Buns that I baked a while back….. I had planned on making a tea time cake with the remaining… I had always wanted to try out the fruit cake which was there in the recipe book that I got with the Microwave Oven but had been too lazy to try it out till date. So I adapted this cake and converted an eggless fruit cake to this Tutti Fruti Cake and just doubled the recipe. Biting into the soft cake was a delight as you get to meet the chewy candied peel here and there. We enjoyed it a lot, I mean what was left of it, as the kids had packed half of the cake to the school for their respective friends.
Tutti Fruti Tea time Cake
Our Favorite Video:
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1-1/2 cups
- Tutti Fruti – 1 cup ( I used 1/2 cup only)
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Pre heat the oven at 180 Deg C. Prepare a baking tray by greasing with butter and flouring it, tapping out the excess. Place the tutti fruti in a bowl and sprinkle some flour over and toss it well so that every piece is well coated with flour.
Sieve together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda together.
Beat butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and beat well. Add the next one and beat again. Now add the vanilla essence and mix well.
Add the flour mixture and milk alternating both while mixing with a spatula. Finally add the floured tutti fruti and mix gently.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and bake for 40 – 45 min or till a skewer inserted comes out clean at 180 Deg C.
Cool on a wire rack and enjoy the cake slice with your hot and steaming Cuppa.
- You can use all purpose flour itself instead of substituting half with whole wheat flour as I did.
- You can use any vegetable oil instead of butter, but the teature will of course differ slightly.
- Do not skip the flouring of Tutti Fruti, else it will sink to the bottom of the cake.
- For an Eggless version reduce the sugar and omit the eggs, instead use 1/2 a can of condensed milk.
- Oven timings may accordingly.