Vegan Banana Bread recipe with step by step pictures. This bread is absolutely moist, soft, healthy and the most easiest bread recipe that you will ever bake. This quick banana bread recipe has no eggs and no butter, not even oil. Serve this bread for breakfast with a glass of milk or pack it as a snack for your kids break time at school.
Usually whenever I have overripe bananas that are past consumption, I always make this no fail eggless banana bread as my kids love them. But this time apart from the over ripe bananas, I also had an avocado that was forgotten in the fridge. I was about to throw it out but when I cut it open, the flesh was still fresh but overripe.
So decided to add it to the bread and see how it turns out. This is also the first time I’m using avocado in baking and voila!!! The pureed avocado was enough to compensate the oil in the bread and it tasted yummy as well. So apart from using avocado in recipes like Avocado milkshake, Avocado chocolate grilled sandwich, vegan chocolate avocado mousse and guacamole, I get to use it in bread as well.
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- All purpose flour - 1-1/4 cup
- Quick cooking oats - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Banana - 2 large
- Avocado - 1 medium
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease a loaf pan with oil and dust with flour. Since I used a non stick pan I skipped this step.
- Powder the sugar in a mixer jar and keep aside. Grind oats to a fine powder in the same mixer jar and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and powdered oats.
- In another wide mixing bowl, add peeled bananas, scooped out avocado pulp, vanilla essence and mash together. I just blended them both together in the same mixer jar and transferred to the mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar to the fruit mix and whisk well till it dissolves completely.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches to the fruit-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the batter to the tray and bake for 55 to 60 mins or till a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Take the pan out and let the bread cool in the pan itself for 10 mins. Invert the bread onto a plate and cool completely.
- Slice and serve. This bread will stay good for a day or two at room temperature.