Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe with step by step photos. This eggless, butter free, and milk free, dark chocolate cake is super soft, moist, crumbly and with a hint of coffee just the way we all love at home. This cake also stays good at room temperature for at least a week.
This vegan chocolate cake is so easy to make. Just mix the ingredients that are already available in your pantry, make the batter, pour into pan and bake. Voila !!! your cake is ready. You do not even need a stand or hand mixer to rustle up this cake.
Baked a Vegan Chocolate Coffee Cake as its Hubby's Birthday today. What better way than to take a test drive of the moulds that he himself manufactures, to bake the cake? The cake just slid out of the pan and I'm so immensely proud of the work he did to design and develop these moulds. #baking #vegan #chocolate #cake
I had made this cake in the month of March for my Hubby’s birthday which I shared on Instagram. I had made double the quantity of the measurements given here and made 2 cakes.
But I used equal amounts of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour which was a little bit dense for my liking, though the taste and flavour were just perfect.
I prefer making vegan cakes like this dates cake, orange cake and vegan banana bread entirely with all purpose flour rather than replacing half of it with whole wheat flour as I prefer mine to be soft and moist.
If you do not have a problem with the texture, then by all means use both the flours in equal ratio. I have also used Apple Cider Vinegar in this vegan chocolate cake, as I personally feel that it is less pungent than the regular white vinegar.
If you do not have ACV then by all means use the same quantity of regular synthetic white vinegar. If you do not have vinegar at all, then replace it with 4 tsp lemon juice. Please note that you either use 1 tsp vinegar or 4 tsp lemon juice and not both together.
I have also used a long pan that we ourselves manufacture, but you can use either an 8 inch round or square pan based on your choice.
Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe with step by step photos:
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients like flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder and sugar together.
2. Add in the liquid ingredients like warm water, vegetable oil, cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix till smooth using a balloon whisk.
3. Grease either an 8′ round or square tray with oil. Tip in the batter into the greased tray.
4. Bake for 40 mins or till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the pan cool on a wired rack for 10 mins. Vegan chocolate cake is ready.
You can also make these into cupcakes and ice them according to your preference or if you want a very short version of this cake, then you should try this 2 mins eggless chocolate mug cake which is made in microwave.
Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe details below:
- All purpose Flour - 1+1/4 cup
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/3 cup
- Warm water - 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp (optional)
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven at 180 c degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingrdients like flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder and sugar together.
- Add in the liquid ingredients like warm water, vegetable oil, cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Mix till smooth using a balloon whisk.
- Grease either an 8' round or square tray with oil.
- Tip in the batter into the greased tray.
- Bake for 40 mins or till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool on a wired rack for 10 mins.
- Vegan chocolate cake is ready.
- Invert the pan on to a clean surface and cut into slices.
- Serve as such or with a scoop of ice cream or with some chocolate sauce drizzled over for a yummy dessert.
- This cake stays well for at least a week at room temperature.