Vegan Orange Cake with step by step photos. An Eggless, butter less, vegan orange cake that is so soft, moist and delicious that is perfect for tea time.
This vegan orange cake uses water for its liquid base yet turns out absolutely as light as air.
Our Favorite Video:
This month, my Blog Hop Partner is Nagasree. She has some yummy traditional Karnataka recipes in her space and all her posts tell a heart rendering story which makes a lovely read.
When I saw this cake, I decided to give it a try as we all love citrus bakes at home.
I just replaced oranges in place of lemon and they turned out absolutely fabulous.
She had mentioned that the cake turned out a bit dense for her so I made some changes to get it light and spongy and you can see that for yourself here.
I have used a bundt pan to bake this cake but you can also use a loaf pan or even bake them into cute little cup cakes if you are going for portion control. You can also glaze the cup cakes.
If you are looking for a crumbly textured cake that tastes like “Britannia” or “Milka Wonder Cake” that are available in the market for your tea time, I would strongly recommend that you give the Choco Chip Nut Cake a try. I’m sure that you will not be disappointed at all.
Vegan Orange Cake with stepwise photos:
1. Sieve together all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together. Add sugar, mix well and keep aside.
2. Grate the zest of oranges and squeeze the juice and keep aside.
3. Whisk together olive oil, water, orange juice and orange zest together.
4. Add the dry ingredients little by little and whisk to a smooth and lump free batter.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 mins in an oven that is preheated at 180 C degrees.
6. Bake till a skewer inserted comes out clean and cool it off on a cooling rack.
7. Vegan Orange cake is ready to be sliced and serve with coffee or tea.
I have used EV olive oil to bake the cake but you can also use any unflavored vegetable oil.
You can replace half of all purpose flour with whole wheat flour but the cake will be dense and not as moist and soft as it should be.
Vegan Orange Cake Recipe details below:
Vegan Orange Cake
- All Purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Oranges – 2
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Pre heat the oven @ 180 Degrees C. Grease a Bundt pan with oil and flour it. Keep aside.
- Sieve together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Mix sugar to this and keep aside.
- Grate the zest from both the oranges and keep aside.
- Squeeze out the fresh juice and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together orange juice, grated zest, olive oil and water.
- To this wet mixture add the dry ingredients little by little while whisking at the same time making sure there are no lumps to form a smooth batter.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan and shove into the pre heated oven.
- Bake for 50 Minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- When done take off from the oven and place it on a cooling rack to let it come to room temperature before unmolding.
- Vegan Orange Cake is ready.
- Slice and serve along with coffee or tea.