Pineapple Fried Rice - Vegan Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice using brown rice with step by step photos.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
- Brown rice - 1-1/2 cups cooked
- Pineapple - 1/2 cup diced
- Onion - 1 small
- Green bell pepper - 1/4 cup diced
- Sweet corn - 1/4 cup frozen or fresh
- Green onions - 2 tbsp chopped
- Carrots - 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Sriracha or chili garlic sauce - 2 tsp
- Tamari or soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
How to make Pineapple Fried Rice:
Heat a pan with sesame oil. Add garlic, ginger and cook for few seconds for the aroma to release.
Add onions and saute over high flame till it softens.
Add carrots, green bell peppers, sweet corn and cook over medium flame till they soften and get half cooked for 2 to 3 mins.
Add salt, tamari or soy sauce, black pepper to taste and mix well.
Add pineapple and give a toss.
Add sriracha or chili garlic sauce, brown rice and mix well.
Cook over medium flame mixing well till the rice gets heated well. Take a taste test for salt and heat and add to adjust accordingly.
Add green onions and toss well.
Thai pineapple fried rice is ready to be served hot with extra drizzle of sriracha, if preferred.