Crispy Air Fryer Okra for guilt free indulgence. Vegan & gluten free Kurkuri Bhindi in Air Fryer with video that gets done in just 10 mins.
These Air Fryer Okra or Kurkuri Bhindi made in an air fryer takes less than 2 tsp oil to make it crisp as they are being baked in an Air Fryer.
For the lesser quantity of oil used, these air fryer okra turn out very crisp and crunchy and tastes even better than the regular deep fried version.
It tastes absolutely delicious when served with tomato ketchup for your evening snack time and you can never stop eating these okra fries.
Our Favorite Video:
Enjoy these Air fryer Kurkuri bhindi either as an appetiser or as as a side dish with sambar or rasam rice.
You can check out the regular way of making Kurkuri Bhindi here explained with step wise photos.
Can I make it in regular oven (OTG)?
Yes, you can. Whether you are making a big batch or a small one, you can follow the same recipe and bake it in an oven instead of using an air fryer.
Make sure to keep an eye while baking to prevent the okra from getting burnt as each oven’s works differently with same temperature.
Points to note before Air Frying Okra:
- Make sure that the okra or bhindi are completely dry before adding the flour and spice powders.
- If doing a big batch make sure to take turns baking in small batches.
- Spread the okra evenly into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Do not dump okra piling it high.
- After mixing up the okra with spices, air fry it immediately and do not let it rest for longer time.
- Make sure to pick tender okra for making Kurkuri bhindi. Adjust the red chilli powder according to your spice level.
You can also check out these other Okra Recipes from the blog
Air Fryer Okra : Video Tutorial
Air Fryer Okra - Air Fryer Kurkuri Bhindi recipe with video below:
Air Fryer Okra - Air Fryer Kurkuri Bhindi
- Okra or Bhindi - 200 gms
- Gram flour or Besan - 2 tbsp
- Rice flour - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Chaat masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1-1/2 to 2 tsp
- Wash and wipe dry okra using a kitchen towel. You can also dry it under a fan for 5 to 10 mins for the moisture to dry.
- Trim both the edges and slice each okra thinly into slivers.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add okra, besan, rice flour, coriander, red chilli, roasted cumin, turmeric and chaat masala powders.
- Add salt and mix well using your hands or a spatula making sure that all the okra slices are coated well with the flours and spice powders.
- Drizzle oil and once again mix well.
- Meanwhile preheat the air fryer for 5 mins at 180 c.
- Transfer the okra mixture into the air fryer basket and spread out evenly into a single layer.
- Close and bake for 10 mins. Slide out the basket after 5 mins and mix the okra for even baking.
- After 10 mins is up, do not open the air fryer and let it remain closed so that the okra can become crisp and crunchy in the remaining heat.
- Transfer the air fryer okra to a serving bowl and serve it up with tomato ketchup.