Thinai Badam Peda Recipe or Foxtail Millet and Almond Ladoos made instantly under 5 mins using Microwave. Its low fat, healthy and gluten free that is so perfect for Diabetics to enjoy sweets during this Diwali. Not only for festive occasions but you can also make this as a snack for the kids either to pack for school or for an evening treat when they come from school or from play. This peda or ladoo recipe is a perfect way to introduce millets to kids as they can't tell any difference between the regular peda and this peda made with foxtail millet (Thinai).
Now-a-days almost all the supermarkets have started selling ready made millet flours which is what I have used in this recipe. If you cannot find the flours, trust me its very easy to powder them in right in your mixie jar itself. Just sieve the ground flour before using it in any recipe and you are good to go. My kids loved it very much and I'm sure you all will love it too.
If you are looking for a low calorie and healthy treat, then this thinai badam peda recipe is the one for you. As I have made this in microwave, very little ghee has been added, that's just enough to cook the flour to get rid of the raw smell and make the peda come together. If you are looking for easy to make and healthy sweet for this Diwali, check out this Besan Coconut Peda and Maa Ladoo
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to email@example.com
Thinai Badam Peda Recipe
- Thinai maavu or Foxtail millet flour - ½ cup
- Badam or Almonds - ½ cup
- Condensed milk -1 tin
- Milk powder – ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Almond extract or essence – ½ tsp optional
- Dry roast thinai flour in pan for 1-2 minutes over low flame (This step is optional). When you hold it in your palm you should feel the heat. Switch off stove and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile powder badam with the skin in a mixie jar and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix roasted thinai flour, milk powder, powdered badam, condensed milk, ghee and mix without any lumps.
- Microwave at high for 2 minutes, mixing after 1 minute.
- Take the bowl out, add the essence, if using and return the bowl to the microwave oven.
- Once again microwave for another minute, mixing after 30 seconds.
- Take the bowl out, let the mixture become warm.
- Grease your palm with ghee and make small ladoos or pedas and store in an airtight container.
- You can store this pedas or ladoos at room temperature for 3-4 days and it will last a week when refrigerated.
You can remove the skin of the almonds before powdering.
You can also make this on stove top. Just keep mixing everything and cook over low fire till the mixture comes together and it starts to pull away from the sides.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Browse plenty more quick & flavorful recipes easily by course, method, occasion & diet.