Crustless Sweet Corn Quiche recipe - a complete wholesome meal with step by step pictures. Quiche is an open faced pastry made either with a crust or without it, that has a savory filling with a custard which is mostly egg based. You can make either a meat based or vegetable filling depending on you choice.
When you do not have the time or watching your calorie intake, you can go for a crust less quiche like this one. I wanted to make a tart or pie but did not want to end up eating a butter rich pastry after the Plum Crumble Bars, so opted for a crust less Quiche that’s filed with veggies and cheese that are loved by the kids.
As its filled with veggies, cheese, eggs and milk, it makes a complete meal in itself. Quiche can either be served hot or cold. I packed a quarter of a slice along with some ketchup for my kids Snacks break at school and the remaining half was served with some piping hot soup for Dinner.
A quiche is basically very easy to put together especially if you are going for a crust less one. Prepare the veggie mixture the day before and store it in the fridge. The next morning whip up the custard while the veggie mixture is thawing and shove the pan in the oven and you can an easy meal to pack that’s mess free and one that won’t spill as well.
One of the sponsors of the IFBmeet, Freedom Tree have challenged the bloggers to come with a savory bake featuring Corn as the main ingredient and this is my entry for the contest. Corn is most loved by both kids and adults alike and what better way to enjoy the monsoon season that munching on a spicy corn cob.
Step by step method to make Corn Quiche Recipe:
1. Prepare the vegetables and spinach. Microwave corn kernels and keep it ready. Heat a pan with oil and add minced garlic and fry till starts to brown. Add chopped onions and green chilies and cook till the onions turn translucent over medium flame.
2. Add mushrooms and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes over high flame till they both soften and wilt. Add corn kernels and mix well. Remove from fire and let the mixture cool completely.
3. Prepare the wet ingredients by cracking open the eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well. Add milk, flour mixture, salt, pepper and beat well with a balloon whisk till the mixture is smooth and lump free. Add salt, pepper and mixed dry herbs to the cooled vegetable mixture and mix well.
4. Pour the liquid egg and milk mixture gently all over the grated cheese, tap the bowl on the counter gently for the liquid mix to settle. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly all over on top and bake for 35-40 mins till the top looks golden in color.
Instead of topping the quiche with bread crumbs, you can add grated cheese as well but I wanted to cut out all extra fat so opted for bread crumbs.
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to email@example.com
Corn Quiche Recipe | Crustless Cheesy Corn Quiche Recipe
- Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup
- Mushroom – 5
- Spinach – 1 handful
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Green chili – 2
- Eggs – 2
- All purpose flour – ½ cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Cheddar Cheese – 50 gms
- Mixed dry herbs – 1 tsp
- Bread slice – 1 optional
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven @ 180 C. Grease an 8 inch round tart pan and keep aside. I used by 7 inch casserole dish.
- Wash and spread the spinach leaves on a clean cloth and dry it out completely. Roughly chop them and keep aside. Dust some flour on mushrooms and lightly brush the surface to remove any dirt and slice them.
- Sieve together flour and baking powder and keep aside.
- Place the corn kernels in a microwave safe bowl and cook at high for 1-½ min and keep aside. Chop the onion finely. Slit the green chilies into 2 and remove the seeds and mince them finely. Crush the garlic and mince them too.
- Remove the sides of the bread and tear into pieces roughly. Run it in a mixer till it becomes fine crumbs. Using bread is optional and you can skip this step.
- Heat oil in a pan and once hot add minced garlic and fry till starts to brown. Add chopped onions and green chilies and cook till the onions turn translucent over medium flame.
- Add mushrooms and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes over high flame till they both soften and wilt. Add corn kernels and mix well. Remove from fire and let the mixture cool completely.
- Mean while, prepare the wet ingredients by cracking open the eggs in a mixing bowl and beat well. Add milk, flour mixture, salt, pepper and beat well with a balloon whisk till the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Add salt, pepper and mixed dry herbs to the cooled vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the corn mixture to the greased pan and pat with a spatula for an even surface. Grate the cheddar evenly al over the corn mixture.
- Pour the liquid egg and milk mixture gently all over the grated cheese, tap the bowl on the counter gently for the liquid mix to settle. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly all over on top.
- Transfer the quiche into the pre heated oven and bake for 35 to 40 mins or till set. Mine got done in 30 mins but the center was wobbly, so I kept it for another 5 mins and switched off the oven and then let the pan in the oven for another 5 mins before taking it out.
- Corn Quiche is ready.
- Cool completely before cutting for neat slices. Enjoy with some ketchup or with a bowl of steaming hot soup.