Eggless Blender Banana Bread recipe. Blend, pour and bake – A banana bread could not get any easier than this.
Also this blender banana bread is gluten free, refined sugar free, egg free and butter free making it a guilt free breakfast or snack.
The last time I baked this eggless banana bread, I replaced the all purpose flour with ragi flour (finger millet flour) which turned out to be so delicious and soft.
I had also shared it on Instagram. The kids could not detect the ragi in it at all.
I recently got hold of “buckwheat flour” (kuttu ka atta) in a shop nearby my home without having to travel all the way across the city to a Gourmet shop to get hold of it.
Yaaay for that. I have been trying out recipes with it and wanted to see how it holds up in baking.
Our Favorite Video:
So once again when I was left with over ripe bananas from the big bunch that I had bought last week, my hands were totally itching to make this vegan banana bread.
But I wanted to use the buckwheat flour and made some changes to it.
This Monday, when I was up since 4, as I could not sleep, thought I might as well do something useful like baking this eggless blender banana bread than counting sheep.
As it was an early morning baking session, I was not really keen on using up any mixing bowls and having to wash them up later.
So that’s when I decided to blend the ingredients in a blender for baking this bread which in turn turned out spongy despite the lack of gluten.
I directly measured the dry ingredients into a sieve and sifted them on a to newspaper.
Blended the liquid ingredients, added the dry ingredients, blend once again, poured and baked. How cool and easy is that?
1. If you do not have buckwheat flour, use any flour of your choice – oats, amaranth, whole wheat, all purpose or you can use any gluten free flour blend.
2. Instead of jaggery powder, you can also use regular sugar, brown sugar or honey.
3. If you do not mind eggs then drop the flax seed powder and replace with 2 eggs.
4. Instead of coconut oil, you can also use any other vegetable oil.
Eggless Blender banana bread recipe details below:
Eggless Blender Banana Bread Recipe
- Ragi flour or finger millet flour - 1 cup
- Buckwheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Over ripe Bananas - 4
- Flax seeds powder - 2 tbsp
- Jaggery - 3/4 cup powdered
- Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
- Curd / yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Dark or Milk Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 180 C / 350 F.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch baking loaf pan with parchment or simply grease it and keep it ready.
- Mix flax seeds powder in 4 tbsp water and keep aside for 5 mins to form into flax gel.
- If you only have flax seeds, then grind it first to a powder and then measure.
- Meanwhile, add ragi flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda and salt into a sieve directly and sieve into a bowl ensuring there are no lumps.
- In a blender, add bananas, jagerry powder, coconut oil, curd, flax gel, vanilla extract and pulse for 30 seconds to 1 minute at regular intervals till the bananas are mashed and all the ingredients are combined well.
- Add the flour mixture to the blender and once again pulse 4 to 5 times or till they dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips, if using and once again pulse 2-3 times to incorporate evenly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 mins till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Mine took exactly 60 mins. Cool completely in the pan itself.
- Slice up this super easy blender banana bread and enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack.