- Raw mango – 1
- Jaggery (Molasses), grated - ¼ cup
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsp
- Neem flowers (optional) - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
- Urad dal - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt - to taste
- Oil / Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Peel the mango skin and cut into thin slices. Heat ½ cup of water and add the mango slices with turmeric powder and salt. Let it come to a boil.
2. Add the jaggery, sambar powder and cook mashing all together till the mango is soft and tender over low flame.
3. Heat a pan with oil or ghee, add mustard seeds and let it pop. Add the urad dal and curry leaf and let the dal become golden brown. Take off stove and add neem flowers, if using and mix well.