Morning Glory Detox Juice Recipe. A juice made using fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs that are available right in your garden, to have early in the morning preferably on empty stomach when you want to detox after binging on high calorie food especially during festival times.
This morning glory detox juice not only cleanses your body but also helps build immunity to fight against common cold especially during the Winter season and also improves your haemoglobin levels to help fight Anaemia.
I’m not a breakfast person and even when I want to have breakfast, I prefer to drink mine instead of having to eat it. And for that very reason I love love love fresh juices and smoothies.
And for that very reason I was excited to try out the Kent Cold Pressed Juicer when they sent me one for review.
Cold pressed juicers are much better than the centrifugal juicers as heat is not generated while juicing. It does not have metal blades that grinds the fruit but the juice is extracted by crushing the fruit and squeezing with the help of a heavy squeezer.
That is why cold pressed juices are supposed to contain 5 times more nutrients and soluble fibre than when compared to juice extracted by any other way.
What I loved about Kent Cold Pressed Juicer?
- It makes very less noise and really unnoticeable as well.
- All the parts except the motor unit are easy to dismantle and can easily be assembled as well.
- Washing the filter cup is super easy. I did not even have to use the large bristled brush to remove the fine fibre from the holes.
- The design itself is pretty neat, sleek and compact and will take very less real estate on your kitchen counter top.
Why you should go for Kent Cold Pressed Juicer?
- The juice extracted is so thick that you will start to wonder if its a juice or a smoothie. It is really thick and pulpy.
- The taste, flavor and aroma are intact and you can be 100% certain that you are also getting extra nutrients and soluble fibre in every drop of the juice that you sip.
- You will get more juice than you get when you use other type of juicers or extractors.
- The end wastage of the pulp discarded after juicing is also significantly very very less.
I extracted some fresh Orange Juice to bake this Vegan Orange Cake. The juice was so thick and full of flavor that the entire house smelled delicious while the cake was getting baked.
I absolutely love grape juice. Grape juice is very good for cleansing the blood. One of the reasons why ayurvedic kashayams (syrups) have grape juice as their base. So I try to add grape juice as a part of my diet often.
I also tried this ABC juice, which is nothing but a juice made of Apples, beetroot and carrots and I did not even add extra sweetener but still the juice tasted so delicious. The fresher you have them, the better it is always.
Now coming to this morning glory detox juice recipe, I have added cucumbers to form the base as it is 96% water. I used ginger root and fresh herbs like Karpooravalli or Omavalli Leaves (Indian Borage in English), Vetrilai (Betel Leaves or Paan leaves) and Tulsi (Holy Basil) as they are great natural immunity boosters.
I have added red beetroots because they are known to contain significant amount of iron. Consuming beetroots and drinking beet juice helps in regeneration of red blood cells and used in preventing and treating anaemia. It is also known to be good home remedy for menstrual disorders and menopause symptoms.
Finally adding an apple, as it not only adds a tinge of sweetness but also makes the juice a bit thick to drink and of course eating an apple a day is so good for your overall health, right.
Morning Glory Detox Juice Recipe details below:
Morning Glory Detox Juice Recipe
- Apple - 1
- Beetroots - 2 small
- Indian Borage - 5
- Betel leaves - 2
- Tulsi - A fistful
- Ginger root - 1/2 inch piece
- Cucumber - 1 small
- Black Pepper powder - 1 pinch optional
- Wash all the fruits, veggies and herbs.
- Quarter and core the apples. Scrape the skin of beetroots and cucumbers and quarter them too.
- Process the quartered veggies, fruits, herbs through your juicer.
- Add and mix in a pinch of black pepper powder to the collected fresh juice.
- Serve immediately.
- You can store this morning glory detox juice for a day in the refrigerator but remember that as the juice keeps ageing, there will be a loss in nutrients as well.