Debloat salad or beat the bloat salad recipe. This salad helps you to debloat and to detox your body leaving you feeling light, refreshed and glowing with health.
Last year, if someone had told me that I would love and enjoy eating a salad as my main meal during the day, I would have certainly laughed. It has always been in my mind that a salad would not be enough for my lunch or for my dinner and would leave me unsatisfied.
Little did I know that I would be tucking it in and enjoying it as though its the next best thing since sliced bread. Thanks to my Nutritionist for making me see the error of my ways and to put me in the right perspective where salads are concerned.
I had eaten more beetroot in the past 4 months than I had during all these years and it helped with all my skin problems that I had been facing for the past 1 year.
I’ve always loved eating beetroot raw hence it was not a big problem for me to eat it in the form of stir fry, kootu, smoothie and this debloat salad.
What is so special about Beetroot?
– It regenerates the cells of the immune system, thereby purifying the blood and improving the circulation.
– This in turn alkalises and maintains the PH balance of the entire body thereby helping you to a good overall skin health.
Beetroots while Detoxing:
– Beetroot is a liver cleanser. What it basically does is, it thins out the bile juice letting it to flow more freely through your liver into your small intestine.
– This helps majorly while your are detoxifying, as it helps you to be more focused and to avoid any mood swings during that time.
– It increases your metabolism naturally, resulting in increased energy levels and it also boosts your immune system.
– As beets are already high in natural sugar, it helps you with your sugar craving when you are on a no added sugar diet (refined, added or fake) keeping your blood sugar at a normal level.
Debloat Salad Recipe details as follows:
Debloat Salad - Beat the Bloat Salad
- Beetroot shredded - 1/2 cup
- Carrot shredded - 1/2 cup
- Apple chopped - 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate pearls - 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin seeds - 2 tbsp
- Sunflower seeds - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Ginger powder - 1/8 tsp optional
- Black salt - 1 fat pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Place shredded beetroot in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and gently massage the beetroot working the oil into it.
- This will soften the beetroot and prevent it from drying up and reduces the earthy flavor if you are not a fan of it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- You can also double or triple up this recipe and store in air tight containers in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.