paneer jalfrezi recipe with step by step photos. This paneer vegetable jalfrezi is yet another easy paneer recipe that you can make for a side dish.
The more veggies that you add along with paneer makes this more delicious, wholesome and healthy.
You can serve this paneer jalfrezi as a side dish with one pot meals like pulaos or biriyanis or with any type of flat breads like chapathis or naan.
As this jalfrezi recipe is a semi dry dish, you can use it as a stuffing to make wraps or kathi rolls to make it more interesting for the kids.
Along with paneer and capsicum (green bell peppers), onion and tomato, you can also add carrots and beans to make this paneer jalfrezi.
Though there are several ways to make this easy paneer recipe, I follow this simple paneer jalfrezi recipe which my kids love very much. I have used 3 colors of bell peppers along with baby corn and I served this along with mushroom biryani followed by a kullad of lassi.
how to make paneer jalfrezi recipe with stepwise photos as follows:
1. Heat a pan with oil. Add kalonji and cumin seeds and let them sizzle. Add cubed onion and saute till pink.
2. Add 1 cubed tomato, ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
3. Add coriander powder, red chili powder and mix till the mixture becomes dry.
4. Add tomato puree, mix and cook for a minute.
5. Add sliced baby corn, colored bell peppers, 3-4 tbsp water, mix well, close with a lid and cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add paneer, remaining 1 cubed tomato and salt. Toss well and cook for 4-5 mins.
7. Add garam masala powder, kasuri methi, toss to mix well and take off fire.
8. Paneer jalfrezi is ready to serve.
Paneer Jalfrezi recipe details below:
Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
- Paneer - 200 gms
- Red Bell Pepper - 1
- Yellow bell pepper - 1
- Capsicum or green bell pepper - 1
- Baby corn - 5
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 2 (1+1 divided)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce - ¼ cup
- Red chili powder - 1-½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Kalonji or Onion seeds - ½ tsp (optional)
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Kasuri methi - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - ½ tbsp
- Cut paneer into long strips. Cut the colored bell peppers into thin strips.
- Cube onions and tomatoes. Chop each baby corn into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add cumin seeds and kalonji and let them sizzle.
- Add cubed onion and saute till it turns pink.
- Add 1 cubed tomato, ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder and mix well. The mixture will become dry.
- Add tomato sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add sliced baby corn, bell pepper strips, 3 to 4 tbsp water and mix well.
- Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 mins over medium flame. Mix in between.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, add paneer strips, remaining 1 cubed tomato, salt and toss well to mix.
- Cook for 4-5 mins over medium flame.
- Add garam masala powder, kasuri methi and toss well to mix once again and take off fire.
- Paneer Jalfrezi is ready.
- Serve hot along with a wedge of lemon as an accompaniment to pulao, biriyani or rotis.