Chikoo milkshake is a tasty, refreshing and healthy milkshake that you can make and enjoy for breakfast or a snack. Chikoo is also known as Sapota or Sapodilla. They are tropical fruit, that is available locally in India.
Fully ripened Chikoo is a sweet, juicy and pulpy fruit just like ripe mangoes.
This makes sapota, a great ingredient to be added to salads, smoothies and ice creams.
Table of Contents:
About Chikoo Milkshake
Chikoo is a tropical fruit that is available locally in India. It is also a seasonal fruit that is easily available throughout Summer.
While my children love enjoying this fruit in the form of this chikoo milkshake, I prefer adding them to my green smoothie.
In shops, they make this chikoo milkshake with ice cream, but here I have made the same one without ice cream, without compromising on taste and thickness.
Chikoo Milkshake Benefits
The pulpy nature of the chikoo fruit becomes beneficial when it comes to proper digestion and functional bowel movement.
As the sapota fruit is rich in dietary fibre, it helps to improve digestion. It acts as a laxative, thereby providing relief from constipation problems.
Since you can digest chikoo milkshake easily and quickly, it helps in improved weight loss as well.
In general, chickoo milkshake makes a great drink for healthy & active adults including pregnant women, children and toddlers.
Who should avoid drinking chikoo milkshake?
Sapota or Chikoo is high in sugar content and loaded with simple sugars, making chikoo milkshake calorie rich as well.
So it is best to be avoided by people who have diabetics. If you are a person who is overweight and follow a sedentary lifestyle, avoid consuming sapota.
How to choose the best sapota?
Always choose fully ripened sapota to make the milkshake. When you press the fruit, it should have some give, and it will be soft to press as well.
Avoid using raw sapota fruit in general, as the tannins present in them can irritate the tongue and mouth after eating.
Some may also experience severe irritation, itching and swelling of the throat after consuming raw sapota.
Ripening the Sapota Fruit
You don’t have to do anything special to ripen the fruit. You can simply place them in a bowl and leave them on your kitchen counter. Cover them with a towel, and they will start to ripen on their own in 2 or 3 days.
Make sure to check each fruit daily by pressing gently, as the ripening process differs for each fruit, and you don't want some to over-ripen and go to waste.
- Chikoo or sapota
- 2% toned milk
Please refer to the recipe card for the correct measurement of ingredients.
How to make chikoo milkshake
Add all the ingredients to a blender jar and run the blender till the contents are smooth and creamy.
You can also add a few ice cubes while blending if you are using room temperature milk.
This recipe is
- High Fibre
- Zero Oil / Oil-Free
You can reduce half the quantity of chikoo and replace it with apple to make chikoo apple milkshake.
Likewise, replace half the chikoo with a banana to make chikoo banana milkshake.
1. Vegan option - Use either soy milk, almond or cashew or coconut milk in place of regular milk.
2. Sweetener - You can make chikoo milkshake without sugar. Instead of sugar, use any sweetener of your choices like jaggery, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, condensed milk, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and dates or raisins.
3. Chocolate version - To make chikoo chocolate milkshake recipe, add 2 tablespoon cocoa powder while blending.
4. For Toddlers & Children - Make sure to use full cream milk and ice cream to make it tastier for them. Growing children need the extra calories as they are always very active.
5. Added Protein - To make it high in protein, you can add a scoop of whey protein or this homemade protein powder. You can also replace half the milk with Greek yoghurt.
More Milkshake Recipes
- Mango Milkshake
- Avocado Milkshake
- Dry Fruits Milkshake
- Apple Cinnamon Milkshake
- Chocolate Banana Milkshake
See more Drink Recipes
If you loved this recipe, tap --> Rate or in the recipe card below to give us a 5 star rating!
If you have tried this recipe & have any more queries, send an email to email@example.com
Chikoo Milkshake Recipe - Sapota Milkshake
- 5 to 6 chikoo or sapota peeled and seeds removed
- 1½ cups 2% toned milk chilled
- 10 almonds soaked in hot water for 15 mins
- sugar to taste
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Peel the skin of the almonds and discard the skin.
- Add almonds, sugar, ¼ cup milk into a blender jar and run the blender for few seconds till the almonds are crushed and coarse.
- Add remaining milk, chikoo, vanilla extract, if using and ice cubes to the jar and process till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.