Chocolate Chickpea Smoothie recipe. A healthy, protein rich, gluten free breakfast or snack that satiates you and keeps you filled up until your next meal.
Exam time is just around the corner and children are putting in longer hours studying with increased focus and concentration.
This added stress can trigger emotional eating, forcing them to reach for sugary and junk foods to help them cope.
Healthy smoothies such as this chocolate chickpea smoothie either as a part of the breakfast or as a snack during break time will not only fill them up for good but also will keep the nutrition on point.
No one will know unless and otherwise you tell them that this smoothie has chickpeas in them.
I love making, drinking and serving smoothies because it is much easier to sneak in as many healthy ingredients you want in a smoothies and when blended it magically becomes a healthy drink.
Whatever ingredient you find it difficult to eat in its original form can be drunk easily in a blended as a drink.
My younger one will not eat bananas, even if you bribe him and its easier to sneak in a banana in a smoothie. He finds it easier to drink in a banana rather than eat it.
As I always have boiled chickpeas in the fridge to use in salads, this smoothie is a breeze to make.
There are a lot of ways you can make smoothies and you can find below the basic ingredients to get you started.
All you have to do is mix and match to find a blend that you really enjoy to drink and most importantly have fun figuring it out.
- Fruits like Berries, Banana, Apples & Papaya (freeze them for a creamy smoothie consistency)
- Whey Protein
- Collagen powder
- Plain or Greek Yoghurt.
- Unsweetened All natural peanut or any nut butter
- Seeds like sesame, hemp, pumpkin etc.,
- Nuts like almonds, cashews, macadamia etc.,
- Dry fruits like dates, apricots etc.,
- Rolled Oats
- Moringa powder
- Wheatgrass powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Switch full fat milk with skimmed milk.
- For vegan option, sub regular milk with soy or any nut milk of your choice.
- If you are using any dry fruit like dates & a fruit, you can totally skip adding any sweetener.
- You can also regular sugar instead of cane sugar or honey.
- Make sure that the chickpea has been boiled without salt.
- You can also use canned, drained chickpeas.
- You can switch the vanilla essence with cinnamon if the children do not mind the strong flavoring.
- Use unsweetened all natural peanut butter instead of powdered peanuts.
- Add this Homemade Vegan Protein Powder when making for children
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for video recipes.
Chocolate Chickpea Smoothie Recipe details below:
Chocolate Chickpea Smoothie
- Chickpeas - 1/2 cup cooked
- Chia seeds - 2 tsp
- Flax seeds - 2 tsp
- Homemade vegan protein powder - 1 tbsp (see notes)
- Cane sugar or honey - 2 tsp
- Banana - 1 frozen
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
- Chilled full fat milk - 1 cup or 250 ml
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Cinnamon powder
- Grated dark chocolate
- Add all the ingredients to a blender jar and blend till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and top it with cinnamon powder & grated chocolate. This step is optional.
- Serve this chocolate chickpea smoothie immediately.