Stovetop chocolate granola recipe. This quick, no bake, clean eating granola is gluten free, refined sugar free and takes just 10 mins to rustle up, if you are looking to make just a very small batch for yourself either for breakfast or for snacking.
Myself and my boys love granola… I mean who doesn’t… right… But one thing I avoid is buy it from outside as it is high in sugar. Not only that granola will always top the list of edible gifts.
My elder one has been battling acne problems for the past 2 or 3 years, a typical problem of any teenager. But during the past 2 months, it has become worse and I was worried those acne would leave black marks permanently.
After a visit to the dermatologist 2 weeks ago, who pointed the reason to be an age related factor and also the stress and pressure from school. She advised to totally avoid deep fried foods and also all refined sugar and sweets and eat more raw veggies and fruits and to increase intake of fluids.
So, he is totally avoiding all deep fried foods, cookies and pastries which he used to snack on while studying for his exams. To keep him supplied of some healthy snacks, I make and stock these stovetop chocolate granola for him to eat whenever he wants.
Also there seems to be some electrical wiring fault for the oven that whenever I power up the oven, electricity goes off through out the house. So till I could get it serviced by the electrician, its only stovetop granola for us.
- I have used coconut oil which takes care of the flavoring part. But if you use any other oil, add cinnamon powder for flavoring.
- You can also use regular quick cooking oats instead of rolled oats.
- You can also add extras like coconut shavings or chips, dried fruits like cranberries, cherries etc.,
Stovetop Chocolate Granola Recipe as follows:
Stovetop Chocolate Granola Recipe
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats - 1 cup
- Almonds - ¼ cup
- Flax Seeds - 2 tbsp
- Chia seeds - 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tbsp
- Cane sugar - 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Sea Salt - 1 pinch
- Take a medium sized thick bottomed pan and heat it. The flame should be low the entire time.
- First add flax seeds and roast till they begin to pop. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Chop almonds roughly and add to the same pan and roast for 1 to 2 mins. Transfer to the same plate.
- Add rolled oats and roast till the aroma arises and turns color slightly. When you fist the oats in your palm, it should feel hot. Transfer to the same plate.
- Add coconut oil and honey to the pan. Whisk gently till the honey melts completely and mixes well with coconut oil.
- Add cocoa powder, cane sugar, sea salt and whisk well till the sugar dissolves and small bubbles begin to appear.
- Immediately add the roasted flax, rolled oats, almonds and mix well with a wooden or rubber spatula.
- Cook for 1 min, stirring well continuously till all the ingredients are well combined and get toasted.
- Switch off fire and immediately transfer to a large plate and spread well with the spatula.
- Sprinkle chia seeds evenly and cool for 1 to 2 mins, stirring often to make sure the granola doesn't become a lump.
- Once it completely cools down, break down any clusters and store in an airtight jar.
- Serve this stove top chocolate granola with yogurt and fruits.