Egg Bhurji or Indian style Scrambled Egg Curry is one the most quickest and commonly made recipes that is served for a Breakfast. It makes a fantastic filling for sandwiches too that makes it easy to pack for the kids snacks or lunch box.
You can make it very spicy by hitching up the dry spice powders used in this Masala Muttai Poriyal and if you are a looking for a quick bite, this is the one for you.
You can also simply place the bhurji in a chapathi (flat breads) and make it as Egg Chapathi Rolls as well. Quick N’ easy to make and elegant to serve is this Egg Bhurji for you.
Make sure you scramble the eggs over low flame. You can also add any vegetable of your choice to make it more whole some. Adding milk makes the eggs to retain its softness.
Our Favorite Video:
A simple rasam rice with this egg bhurji as a side dish will make a comforting meal especially on a rainy day.
Egg Bhurji Recipe details below:
Egg Bhurji Recipe - Muttai Poriyal
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 2
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Chop onion, tomato and green chili finely.
- Break the eggs in a bowl, add milk, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and beat till fluffy.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add mustard seeds and let it crackle, add urad dal and roast for a few seconds till golden brown.
- Add onion and sauté till pink, add tomato, green chili and sauté till the tomato softens.
- Add the beaten egg mixture and let it set for a minute. Make sure that the flame is in low medium.
- Using a balloon whisk, just scramble the whole mixture in the pan till everything is mixed well. This should take 2-3 mins.
- Egg Bhurji is ready.
- Serve hot with toast or with flat breads or as a side dish to rice.