Eggless banana muffins recipe with step by step pictures. Healthy eggless banana walnut muffins baked with whole wheat flour, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. If you omit the butterscotch chips these become wholesome Vegan Banana Muffins or you can also bake them into an eggless banana bread in a bread pan instead of muffins.
Earlier my younger one used to hate bananas. He still does and refuses to eat the fruit as such. But the only consolation now being is he loves the bakes that have bananas which he earlier refused to even touch.
He has started to eat a lot of it and takes it happily to school too. I love baking muffins as they are easy to pack for school in their snacks box and also they can easily have 1 or 2 for their breakfast too with a glass of milk.
These eggless banana walnut muffins are adapted from eggless apple banana muffins and my eggless banana bread. After successfully baking the bread with whole wheat flour and oats flour, this time it was muffins.
You can skip the butterscotch chips if you want the muffins to be completely vegan and the walnuts if you are allergic to nuts.
I’m not that fond of walnuts so made 2 muffins without any butterscotch chips or walnuts before mixing them into the batter. Only thing you have to take care is not to over mix the batter as the muffins will turn out hard after baking.
Step by step recipe for eggless banana muffins:
1. In a bowl mix together both flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and transfer to a plate.
2. Mash the bananas with a masher.
3. Add vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Add the dry flour mixture in 2 batches and mix well.
5. Add butterscotch chips or chocolate chips and toasted walnuts and mix gently into the batter.
Fill a muffin pan lined with paper liners till they are 3/4th full. Place the pan in a preheated heated oven to 180 C/350 F for 30-35 minutes or till the skewer inserted comes out clean.
Eggless banana muffins are ready. Serve for breakfast or snack and see your kids enjoy them.
Eggless Banana Muffins recipe details as follows:
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Banana, ripe - 3
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Butterscotch chips - 4 tbsp
- Walnuts, toasted - 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 C / 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same bowl, mash the bananas well using a masher.
- Add sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and mix gently till there is no dry flour patches left.
- Add in toasted walnuts, butterscotch chips and mix gently.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease them with oil or butter.
- Scoop the batter into the paper cups till 3/4th full.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Eggless banana muffins with walnuts are ready.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let the muffins cool down to room temperature before serving.