Eggless strawberry chia muffins recipe with video. These soft and spongy muffins are made using whole wheat flour and quartered juicy strawberries flavored with coconut oil.
These eggless muffins happened while I was looking around to make a grab on the go, quick bite for my post work out snack. I got tired of these millet bliss balls. Though there was nothing wrong with it, I decided I had enough after snacking on it for over a week.
I wanted to include a fruit and also to get my daily dose of omega 3 acids. I had already baked with flax seeds and the earthy flavor will go well with bananas but I wanted to use up the strawberries that were sitting in the refrigerator.
I loved how these muffins turned out. The earthy flavor of the flax would not have gone well strawberries but chia seeds did a wonderful job as an egg substitute and the crunch of them tasted delicious in each bite.
And did I mention that I simply love using coconut oil in my baking nowadays. The flavor alone can make you want to reach for one. Because of this, I did not add any other flavoring agent. On the whole a healthy treat that is sumptuous and filling.
My children do not like chia seeds, so I get to enjoy all these muffins by myself. Also my elder one felt that the sweetness was less which was true as the strawberries were a bit high on the sour side.
Our Favorite Video:
But I did not want to add too much sugar as it was for my post work out snack but for regular use, if the strawberries are sour, do increase the quantity of brown sugar to 1/2 cup.
These muffins won’t raise that much as the normal muffins would but it stays soft and spongy because of the chia seeds even though it gets baked with whole wheat flour.
I loved having 2 to 3 muffins for breakfast along with a tall glass of fresh fruit juice and it kept me full till lunch time and I did not even crave for a snack at mid morning.
Eggless Strawberry Chia Muffins Recipe details below:
Eggless Strawberry Chia Muffins Recipe
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1-1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Stawberries - 3/4 cup
- Chia seeds - 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- Curd / yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil - 4 tbsp
- Wash, pat dry and hull strawberries. Quarter each one and set aside.
- Take chia seeds in a mixer jar and grind to a coarse powder.
- Take 6 tbsp warm water in a bowl and add the chia powder. Mix gently and set aside for 10 mins to bloom.
- Preheat the oven @ 190 C or 350 F.
- Line 12 muffin pan with paper cases and keep it ready. You can also grease with coconut oil.
To bake Eggless Strawberry Chia Muffins:
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, whisk well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add curd, coconut oil, brown sugar, bloomed chia seed slurry and whisk well till combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and gently fold with a spatula till there are no dry patches of flour left.
- Add quartered strawberries and once again mix gently till they are distributed evenly.
- With an icecream scoop, fill each muffin hole with the dough, till they are 3/4th full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 mins.
- Take the pan out and let it cool to room temperature.
- These eggless strawberry chia muffins stays well for a day or 2 at room temperature when wrapped in a brown paper.
- I keep it refrigerated and microwave for less than a minute to thaw it out before serving.