Eggless Ragi Brownies recipe with step by step photos. These brownies are gluten free, egg free, butter free and are made using Ragi Flour (Finger Millet Flour).
These are totally decadent with a rich chocolaty flavor and will make a great edible gift to your loved ones.
These eggless ragi brownies are made using the organic products from 24 Mantra Organic as a part of their organic mantras initiative to create awareness about the goodness of leading an organic lifestyle.
I had adapted these brownies from this Eggless Double Chocolate Espresso Brownies.
Before I realised the power of using avocados in baking, I had always baked these brownies with bananas which always turned out smelling of bananas reminding of banana bread instead of brownies.
The first batch I baked 10 days ago had avocado in them, but later I got thinking and wanted to bake a batch without the avocados.
The thing is the avocados that I get here are so raw. I mean reallllll…raw. They take days…. no, make that more than a week for them to ripen to use in any recipe.
No amount of pampering could make them ripen sooner and me being just me can’t even think of planning 1 week ahead if I wanted to make these eggless ragi brownies in a hurry.
So these happened once again as I wanted to see how they turn out without the avocados and they tasted awesome. I had no complaints at all.
These brownies were not so dense, tender and with some amazing crumbs.
I just replaced the avocados with some honey and an extra tsp of flax gel which worked super fine.
This time though I topped with some ganache on kids demand. The earlier batch was just plain.
But this batch of eggless ragi brownies are totally decadent and gift worthy for this New Year to your loved ones.
You can make a vegan version of these eggless ragi brownies by replacing honey with maple syrup if you are able to get hold of it.
Ragi flour (finger millet flour) can also be replaced with any gluten-free flour blend of your choice.
Eggless Ragi Brownies with step by step photos:
1. Grind flax seed to a coarse powder.
2. Mix with some warm water to form flax gel.
3. Grind both cashews and almonds to a coarse powder in a mixie jar.
4. Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
5. Combine coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, vanilla extract and whisk well.
6. Add the flax gel and whisk till smooth and without any lumps.
7. Add the dry ingredients mixture, ¼ cup cashew, and almond powder.
8. Using a spatula, mix gently till there are no dry patches left.
9. Transfer the thick batter into the baking tin and level the top with a spatula. Top with thinly shaved almonds or dark or white chocolate chips.
10. Bake at 180 degrees C or 350 Deg F for 25 to 30 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Eggless Ragi brownies are ready. Let it cool down completely before cutting them into squares.
You can either serve them as such or with a scoop of ice cream.
Topping them with a drizzle of ganache is optional too.
Eggless Ragi Brownies recipe details below:
Eggless Ragi Brownies Recipe
- Ragi or Finger millet flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Flax seeds - 2 tbsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder - ½ cup
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Brown sugar - ½ cup
- Cashew Nut - 10 nos approx.,
- Almonds - 10 nos approx.,
- Coconut oil - ½ cup
- Honey - ¼ cup
- Warm water - ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
For the Ganache: (optional)
- Creamy peanut butter - 2 tbsp
- White chocolate chips - 3 tsp
- Coconut oil - 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C (350 F).
- Take an 8 inch baking tin and either grease with oil or line with a parchment paper. Set aside.
- If you do not have instant flax seed meal at hand, then grind flax seeds in a mixie jar to a coarse powder. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Add warm water and mix with a spoon and let it rest for 10 mins to form into flax gel.
- Take both cashew and almonds in a mixie jar and grind to a coarse powder. Make sure that the ground powder measures to ¼ cup. Set aside.
To Make Eggless Ragi Brownies:
- In a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients like ragi flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Add the flax gel and whisk till smooth and without any lumps.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture, ¼ cup cashew and almond powder and using a spatula, mix gently till there are no dry patches left.
- Transfer the thick batter into the baking tin and level the top with a spatula.
- Top with thinly shaved almonds or dark or white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the brownies rest in the tin for 10 mins to cool down.
- Lift the parchment from the tin and let it cool down completely to room temperature.
To make the Ganache:
- Take peanut butter, white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at high for 1 min. Whisk well till its smooth.
- Drizzle on top of the baked brownies evenly.
- You can rest this in the refrigerator to set it properly.
- Eggless Ragi Brownies are ready.
- Cut them into slices and serve as such or with a scoop of ice cream.