Peanut Butter & Chocolate Peanut Butter
Prep time: 15 mins | Makes: 1-½ Cups | Shelf life: 1 week
- Raw unsalted peanuts/groundnuts - 1 cup
- Salt - 2 pinch
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Refined peanut/groundnut oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter:
- Dark Chocolate chips - ½ cup
- Powdered sugar - ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Peanut oil - 2 tbsp
1. Measure 1 cup of raw shelled peanuts. I used my microwave to roast the peanuts as the roasting would be uniform. You can also do the same on stove top. Make sure you do not over do it.
- If you want a chunky peanut butter just remove coarsely crushed peanuts while grinding in step-4 and add it at last.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar as per your preference. My kids love it sweet so I go easy on sugar and reduce the salt to just 2 pinch.
- While melting the chocolate make sure you do not scorch the chocolate and keep it barely warm.
- While making chocolate peanut butter instead of extra oil you can use softened butter for a smooth spread, but make sure you store the jar in the fridge to avoid getting spoiled.
- I used refined peanut oil as it does not clash with the recipe, but feel free to use any vegetable oil.
- Instead of powdered sugar you can also use icing sugar. If you find the consistency while using powdered sugar a bit thin, no need to worry as it will thicken once again.